More Questions Than Answers... | Syracusefan.com

More Questions Than Answers...

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
Let's face it. No one on these boards knows anything. It's all just speculation, ranging from "The sky is falling...," to "All is well!" There are no answers at this point, just lots of questions.

So since this is a riddle that cannot be solved, it makes sense to me to break it down into pieces. The one piece I've been thinking about is ND. This is my line of logic:

- Either ND (a) knew this was coming, or (b) they did not. (Obviously.)
If (a): Why go in with the ACC on non-football membership, and football games?
- Logic suggests that they would not have made that agreement with the ACC if they were intending to go all-in with the B1G. So if they knew this was coming, then they have no intention of jumping in to the B1G with some combination of BC, SU, or any of the other theories bantered about here.
- Logic also suggest to me that if ND knew, then the ACC knew. They were sitting across from the same table, after all.

If (b): Why would the B1G NOT inform ND, when we all know that ND is the prize that the B1G covets. Why tell Maryland and Rutgers but not ND?
- If ND's movement toward an agreement with the ACC pushed the B1G to act, as many have suggested, is it conceivable that ND could have had the conversation with the B1G asking if they would consider a "partial" agreement without the topic of expansion coming up? Seems unlikely.

I am going to resist the temptation of making any conclusions here, as I don't wish to feed into the rampant speculation that has become so ridiculous.