More shots for Lydon, less for Cooney | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

More shots for Lydon, less for Cooney

To echo what's been said above. Cooney is our Kobe Bryant (pre-2015). His shooting percentage is always going to be lower because he's the guy that guys look for at the end of the shot clock because a Cooney fadeaway 3 is a whole lot better shot than a Roberson conested 18 footer. Now, does he take a few shots here and there that you wish you had back? Sure, just like Kobe, but most of his low fg% is a product of his role in the offense. That said, as the year progresses, and the team realizes that they have other late shot clock options (Richardson and G), Cooney may end up putting up less contested 3s.

First, please never compare him to Kobe. It's not the same.

If you want an apt comparison, it's Ricky Davis (and I don't mean that negatively, I swear).

We have shot better then the opponent 5 out of 6 games

Lehigh we shot 5% better with 17 more threes
Bonnaventure we shot 10% better
Elon we shot 8% better
Charlotte we shot 11% better with 9 more threes.
Uconn we shot 4-5% better and Uconn drained 5-5 straight threes late.
A+M we shot only 1% worse despite all their post up layup attempts we also shot 12 more freethrows (alittle unexpected)

alittle early for this thread, imo.

Last edited:
couple of thoughts.
1. Trevor is only averaging 2.1 for 7.0 three attempts a game.
2. Trevor is 10-23 (43%) inside the arc the last three games. and 10-11 from the line thats pretty darn good.
I remember him hitting the side of the backboard early as the team was settling in to its first real tough test of the season against uconn. so you could say hes 10-22 (45%) kind of.

3. The 13-42 from three hasn't been as nice and imo he is going to get better looks then even his sophmore year, this year.
4.Anyone have a count on his late shot clock and bad shots I am guessing its about 5-6 threes? subtract 6 and 13 for 36 is 36% all of a sudden it looks pretty darn solid doesn't it?

Last edited:
First, please never compare him to Kobe. It's not the same. (and I don't mean that negatively, I swear).

Lol. The problem is in part the same. But yeah, I'll stop the comparisons. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom