More Western Michigan coming 2020 & 2023... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

More Western Michigan coming 2020 & 2023...

Now Official:

It is interesting that the Colgate game in 2020 now lists as September 18-19. I wonder if no one realized Friday is Rosh Hashanah?

Hate it. Not an interesting game. Not easy to get to. Not a new face. Not a help in recruiting. Not a 2 for 1.

Yeah, it looks weak on paper but it is what it is. For arguments sake, say we run the table that year, I can just hear the moans from media/other fanbases that we do not belong in the top four due to our weak schedule. Our ACC schedule will probably be tougher. Florida State should be much better by then, Louisville under Satterfield should be better. NC State will be decent. Not sure about GA-Tech.

I think this would be the football version of rich people's problems

Hate it. Not an interesting game. Not easy to get to. Not a new face. Not a help in recruiting. Not a 2 for 1.
My guess is that the staff disagrees with you and wants to be able to tell HS players from Chicago and Detroit that we will be playing close by during their careers at Syracuse.

But I could be wrong.

MetLife!

(Ducks)
I'd go where the rent is cheapest. I think UB is the best option. All STH'ers automatically get tickets, the rest will be filled in order of purchase.

My guess is that the staff disagrees with you and wants to be able to tell HS players from Chicago and Detroit that we will be playing close by during their careers at Syracuse.

But I could be wrong.

Since when are Detroit and Chicago hotbeds for HS football talent. Playing a MAC team from Ohio makes a lot more sense.

Since when are Detroit and Chicago hotbeds for HS football talent. Playing a MAC team from Ohio makes a lot more sense.
I would prefer a MAC team from Ohio but we rarely recruit that state and we hit Michigan and Illinois a lot harder. A bunch of the staff have ties there and i think we will continue to recruit those areas for the foreseeable future.

We also had a hole less than 18 months out and not a ton of dance partners. This is mostly a byproduct of the Dome renovation.

Sal, if your work schedule allows this is actually a nice 3-4 day trip

Yeah, it looks weak on paper but it is what it is. For arguments sake, say we run the table that year, I can just hear the moans from media/other fanbases that we do not belong in the top four due to our weak schedule. Our ACC schedule will probably be tougher. Florida State should be much better by then, Louisville under Satterfield should be better. NC State will be decent. Not sure about GA-Tech.

They’d be justified

Awesome! I live 30 minutes from Kalamazoo! This makes it an easy game for me. As a bonus my wife is a Bronco Alum, so we get to have a fun rivalry. (until we give up 30 pts in the 3 qtr!!!)

This is new.

2020 is now complete:
at Rutgers (9/12)
Colgate (9/19)
at WMU (9/26)
Liberty (10/17)

2023 is shaping up:
WMU (9/9)
at Purdue (9/16)
Army (9/23)
Yikes - that likely drops SU from the 2 seed to the three seed in the CF Playoff next year - hopefully FSU rebounds by then to help the SOS

This is new.

2020 is now complete:
at Rutgers (9/12)
Colgate (9/19)
at WMU (9/26)
Liberty (10/17)

2023 is shaping up:
WMU (9/9)
at Purdue (9/16)
Army (9/23)

I love going to West Point for a game. I hope its a home and away series.

That’s not the first time that stadium has flooded. It’s actually surprising this didn’t happen earlier this year, western Michigan is nothing but rain in 2019

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom