More Zach Allen News | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

More Zach Allen News

I'm down with that.
Free Zach Allen!

Watched the Elite 11 show from last year over the weekend. Very intense, drill sargent type environment.

It is going to be interesting to have a horse in the race this year.

This has to be the most exciting QB recruit since McNabb.

I know, I know. We were all (most of us at least) excited about Joe Daily, Cecil Howard and Perry Patterson.

But this guy really seems special.
This kid is the QB they have been looking for.

I really hope you guys are right. The skeptic in me refuses to get excited about a QB prospect until one of them finally pans out for us...

I've gotten encouraged before, like landing Cecil / PP, or when we had three intriguing prospects in ARob / Catalina / Legree, but I honestly feel like we're on the cusp of something big here with Hunt / Broyld [who might not end up at QB, but could] / Wilson / Allen.

He's already ahead of Nassib if he can throw an accurate downfield pass on the money.

Let's put it this way, Allen is the first QB commit I have called five people and told. That list RF2044 didn't get one mention from me to friends. I will admit I thought Joe Fields was going to be better than he turned out but he didn't get the attention Zach is getting.

Let's put it this way, Allen is the first QB commit I have called five people and told. That list RF2044 didn't get one mention from me to friends. I will admit I thought Joe Fields was going to be better than he turned out but he didn't get the attention Zach is getting.

I forgot about Joe Fields.

I really hope you guys are right. The skeptic in me refuses to get excited about a QB prospect until one of them finally pans out for us...

I've gotten encouraged before, like landing Cecil / PP, or when we had three intriguing prospects in ARob / Catalina / Legree, but I honestly feel like we're on the cusp of something big here with Hunt / Broyld [who might not end up at QB, but could] / Wilson / Allen.

Johnny Miller was suppose to be the answer as well!! I agree, lets get these kids in first and see who steps up. Hunt was the answer two months ago too

Yeah he's already called my bosses ... just kidding ... turns out he is right ... we have more in common than I realized ... except I think he's taller LOL ...

So both of you are ugly Mofo's

Free Zach Allen!

Watched the Elite 11 show from last year over the weekend. Very intense, drill sargent type environment.

RDGLZA

What till he goes to Manning's QB camp...Charlie is yday's news.

Free Zach Allen!

How he reacts to that will be similar to how he reacts to the SU staff, I bet. Doug is a no-nonsense guy it seems, similar atmosphere. Hope he takes the experiences and builds off of it at SU.

Johnny Miller was suppose to be the answer as well!! I agree, lets get these kids in first and see who steps up. Hunt was the answer two months ago too

Hunt was the answer to the question, who is best option of what is on the roster?, not "the answer".

This type of player is where Marrone needs to have his defensive fencing skills ready because if TT or another good football school in the Big 12 loses their qb that they had signed for whatever reason, they will come with guns a blazing for Allen, especially if this kid blows up in the fall.

Thanks for the feedback and link...it was a very good read! It would be wonderful if he can come here and get a player or two to join him on the hill. I really like the way this recruiting thing is developing and it's always a good thing to have talented HS players mentioning SU as a possible choice. Thanks again for the info.

This kid sounds golden. I hope he stays with us and brings a couple more with him. Marrone and Co. are finding the gems before they've been polished, now we have to keep a few.

A lot of people have been asking this question, "How did we find this kid?" With most recruits that are this far from home base there is a connection of some kind.

Talked to him yesterday about that very thing SmilinBob. He also talked about helping recruit other players to Syracuse: http://www.nationoforange.com/content/zach-allen-100-committed-syracuse-507/
[/quote]

Thanks for the article and the link - every football fan on this site should read that article and smile, if only for a moment.

I have always felt that SU needed to "catch lightening in bottle" ( or at least the perception that it has) to get things rolling with recruiting. Maybe Zach Allen is that player..

After reading that, how can you not like this kid?

I posted a couple weeks back about how this program is starting to recruit itself. First example was the NYC kids.

I understand that with social networking and what the Heat did kids are starting to put together "package" deals and recruit each other, but this is still outstanding leadership on this kids part.

my only concern was his comments regarding Syracuse perception by other recruits

I posted a couple weeks back about how this program is starting to recruit itself. First example was the NYC kids.

I understand that with social networking and what the Heat did kids are starting to put together "package" deals and recruit each other, but this is still outstanding leadership on this kids part.

Our program is starting to recruit itself?

I understand that I am considered negative on this subject so I apologize in advance... BUT WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Our recruiting has still been subpar.

I am excited about this kid and about a few others here and there, but we haven't seen any production and haven't landed a single borderline superstar yet.

I understand that I am considered negative on this subject so I apologize in advance... BUT WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! Our recruiting has still been subpar.

I am excited about this kid and about a few others here and there, but we haven't seen any production and haven't landed a single borderline superstar yet.

How are you judging the recruiting?

Subpar compared to what, Alabama or where SU was when Marrone took over.

1. SU has never recruited at a national level, so SU will always be on the bad side of a comparision to the factories.

2. I guess you missed the "is starting" part. Marrone's first job was to build back a recruiting base and reestablish the SU brand. That is what he is doing. My point was that kids in the program are starting to sell the program to their peers. That means they are having a positive experience and are recommending the same experience to their friends. The prime example is NYC. All you need to do is read the quotes from the players and coaches to see that.

Now you have Allen selling it to kids in this class and advancing SU in some kids consideration.