Morgan going to Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Morgan going to Syracuse

Great news for sure!
I know he supposedly didn't perform well at some camps in the summer but how does rivals have him as a few spots away from a 2* safety and the other other site have him as a few spots away from a 4* cornerback. It just doesn't make sense.
Simple...he didn't show any interest in BC! Phuque Farrell.

I'm going to take this as fact and say thanks for the heads up. This would be the "cap on the season for Doug and the coaches. A big time name indeed . Maybe he can teach his buddy Brandon how to play the corner. Apparently the coach can't do it well enough to get him on the field effectively.:eek:

Great news for sure!
I know he supposedly didn't perform well at some camps in the summer but how does rivals have him as a few spots away from a 2* safety and the other other site have him as a few spots away from a 4* cornerback. It just doesn't make sense.

Him not performing well at camps is an urban legend. I posted all his camp information a couple of months ago. He got beat once while playing press coverage down in Florida and for some reason it became a big deal. His performances were otherwise outstanding and there’s no denying all the times he turned. His 40, shuttle and vertical were outstanding.

Go google Wayne Morgan Oregon RISE camp. See how his times rated against the top 150 athletes nationally at the INVITE only camp.

His 3.99 shuttle in Oregon is the lowest (fastest) shuttle time I've ever seen for any incoming Syracuse football recruit - ever.

"Morgan’s 7-on-7 at Nike World Headquarters, Vapor Carbon, went to the championship game and he registered a 121.0 SPARQ rating, good enough for 11th overall at the camp. The 5-foot-11, 186-pound speedster ran a 4.49 40-yard dash. His stock is as high as it ever has been, even going back to when he ran a 4.4 at the USC Rising Star camp after his freshman year."

http://rise.espn.go.com/football/articles/2011/07/07-SPARQ-prelim-scores.aspx

Rutgers NFTC camp

http://247sports.com/Article/Best-of-Rutgers-NFTC--24289

DB: Wayne Morgan, 5-10 ½, 191, Erasmus (Brooklyn, N.Y.)Morgan was a ball hawk in the half skeleton period racking up multiple interceptions and pass break ups. He demonstrated great closing speed and sound technique. Solid cover corner but tends to gamble at times and peak in the backfield. The stocky defender has several offers from LSU, Miami, Oregon, and Penn State among others. Look for him to stay close to home when he announces his college choice

Think most people thought thist was going to happen. Glad we had Reddish in our corner.
I'm less thn optimistic when it comes to recruiting. oo many hopes dashed on the rocks. Morgan is a piece of exceptional news . Maybe we get lucky with a couple of others tomorrow. I have tha freaking doctors appointment 9:00AM or noon your time which puts me out of touch for most of the news until much later. My east coast son is out of town so he is lost for updates. He isn't tied into recruiting football near as much as he is for basketball. Its going to be like the medieval days of :bat:

Have the board admins installed some kind of Cali translator? Because I've read the last few Cali posts...and I understand absolutely everything in them, and they are mostly pretty well structured thoughts.

Or does this speak poorly of my own mental state?

Or do we have a Freaky Friday thing with Cali and that CUSEBB1 (or whatever) dude going on?

I'm going to take this as fact and say thanks for the heads up. This would be the "cap on the season for Doug and the coaches. A big time name indeed . Maybe he can teach his buddy Brandon how to play the corner. Apparently the coach can't do it well enough to get him on the field effectively.:eek:

Are you kidding me? Why becuase a true freshman didnt play right away at a very difficult "mental" position to learn? Your delusion never ceases to amaze me. Have we gotten the ignore button designed yet?

This would be more great news. Adding Hilliard and Morgan, keeping Manley, and perhaps adding one of the remaining targets mentioned all over this board...Sorry to all the haters, but it looks like Doug's closing pretty well.

I'm not going to get too excited until Wayne Morgan says it himself.
Its never what they say. Its always what they SIGN. Those "softies on the list will finally have to get off the pot. And the fact is they don't even have to do that tomorrow. I might be the kind of person who then would yank the offer and use it for the next class. I want kids who appreciate being offered a quarter million dollar pay day that no taxes are due .:rolling: Future Republicans no doubt.

3 posts and 18 "likes." My God, this UCONN guy is almost John Syracuse-like.

Are you kidding me? Why becuase a true freshman didnt play right away at a very difficult "mental" position to learn? Your delusion never ceases to amaze me. Have we gotten the ignore button designed yet?
Apparently you haven't figured out the concept of don't read. If its such a "mental position we would be recruiting "Stephen Hawkings":crazy:

Have the board admins installed some kind of Cali translator? Because I've read the last few Cali posts...and I understand absolutely everything in them, and they are mostly pretty well structured thoughts.

Or do we have a Freaky Friday thing with Cali and that CUSEBB1 (or whatever) dude going on?

Fab Melo flew from Brasil to Cali to translate. After this weekend all zbets are off.

Great news if true - going to be a great class with Morgan onboard!

Oh no if you have understood my rambling,I must be slipping I'm going to a new Dr. tomorrow so lets see what she says about the old brain and ticker. On the subject of tomorrow's importance. I think Doug has done very well especially in the last couple days. Of course thats more reflective of the kids having to make up their minds ultimately.Shafer should be a very happy DC with all of his new pieces to play. All kinds of talent up front and a couple in the secondary that could help.:eek:

ESPN Insider has a group of 7 "experts" predicting where the remaining uncommitted recruits will go.
4 have him going to UCONN
2 have him going to PSU
1 has him going to CUSE (Jamie Newberg)

That was my prediction...but I guess I over-estimated the Rutgers intelligence and football knowledge...I should know better than that...my bad!:)
If reports on what Flood is being paid are correct, Rutgers may just have low-balled themselves out of a chance to get Christobal.

ESPN Insider has a group of 7 "experts" predicting where the remaining uncommitted recruits will go.
4 have him going to UCONN
2 have him going to PSU
1 has him going to CUSE (Jamie Newberg)

I'd be concerned if those guys weren't morons. Penn State?

I'll wait til it's official, but I think we all kind of knew where Mr. Morgan was going to play ball. Great news. And great class for where we are and where we're headed. Last minute recruiting has been awesome, hat's off to HCDM and staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom