Morning Sports Radio Question... | Syracusefan.com

Morning Sports Radio Question...

Shermthegeneral

Starter
I have a morning sports radio question for the board. Does anyone know of a morning sports show that they listen to that isn't a syndicated show like Mike & Mike or Imus that talks college sports or quality sports talk? I just got rid of my Sirius subscription to save some money and used to listen to their college sports channel which had a great line-up of college bball and football talk almost all day long. I do have the Tune in radio app that allows me to get a ton of sports channels across the country but the one thing I noticed is a good 80-90% of all the channels out there have syndicated shows primarily Mike & Mike. I know 1260 has Imus who I can't stand and Mike & Mike is a bland cookie cutter show that is trying to appeal to the masses, has way to many commercials and try to make everything a cliff hanger before a 5 minute commercial. Any suggestions would be great!

680 KNBR out of San Francisco is pretty good- Gary Radnich, Tom Tolbert, Ralph Barbieri are not homers, they're usually funny and insightful.

I used to love Erik Kuselias on the weekends

what station carries Dan Patrick? I enjoy his show.

He's not on local radio anymore. You can listen to him on danpatrick.com, I heart radio app, or on SiriusXM fox sports channel. Honestly, not to step into your personal budget, but I would find another place to save $12 bucks a month and get the satellite radio back. Its just too good to go without for me.

He's not on local radio anymore. You can listen to him on danpatrick.com, I heart radio app, or on SiriusXM fox sports channel. Honestly, not to step into your personal budget, but I would find another place to save $12 bucks a month and get the satellite radio back. Its just too good to go without for me.

I just re-read your OP and see you can listen through an app, so download the "I heart radio" app and you can listen to Dan Patrick on the "fox radio 970" out of Bakersfield.

Sports talk radio is awful. Re-up with sirius and listen to stern. Or, if you can't go to www.wcqj.com and download the show there and listen. If you simply can't do that, then Kornheiser is awesome out of dc. But I generally find sports talk radio to be full of complete morons.

LOL, I would love to but I just put my second kid into daycare! Now I'm paying a mortgage for 2 kids in daycare. I should start another thread, loop holes in the tax system to have daycare paid for.

I keep trying to cancel my XM subscription, but everytime i call, they offer me another great deal. 3 weeks ago I called to cancel and they offered me $99 flat for the next 1 year. It was too good to turn down. Prior to that, they would give me 3 months at 4.99 per month whenever I tried to cancel.

Seems like AOL..they just want to keep people as customers...doesn't even matter what they pay.

I keep trying to cancel my XM subscription, but everytime i call, they offer me another great deal. 3 weeks ago I called to cancel and they offered me $99 flat for the next 1 year. It was too good to turn down. Prior to that, they would give me 3 months at 4.99 per month whenever I tried to cancel.

Seems like AOL..they just want to keep people as customers...doesn't even matter what they pay.

They tried to offer me 3 free months but I declined. I honestly only listened to it for the sports talk, like I said above, I have Tunein radio on my iphone and its awesome! I barely listened to Sirius, I put my iphone in the cradle that taps into my aux jack in my car and I have way more selections than Sirius and I can rewind or record like a DVR on top of that. Oh, and if I drive under a bridge I don't lose my signal:)

Hi dan, I'd like to weigh in on the poll question? HAHAHAHAHA
I only listen to DP when I drive somewhere for lunch, and I'm pretty sure I hear Chris in Syracuse 50% of the time I catch even just 5 minutes of the show.

If you want purely college athletics, a shitload of craziness, and hilarity, there's always the Paul Finebaum show.

If you want purely college athletics, a shitload of craziness, and hilarity, there's always the Paul Finebaum show.

Finebaum is very good

I like the Steve Czaban show. I got hooked on it when they took that dolt Imus off the air locally after his little incident. Unfortunately Imus got another job and took the spot back over. Czabe is now on Yahoo Sports Radio (formerly sporting news radio) and I download the podcasts every day. Gets me through my mornings at work.

I like the Steve Czaban show. I got hooked on it when they took that dolt Imus off the air locally after his little incident. Unfortunately Imus got another job and took the spot back over. Czabe is now on Yahoo Sports Radio (formerly sporting news radio) and I download the podcasts every day. Gets me through my mornings at work.

Yup. Czaban was one of the first syndicated sports talk shows that 620 locally aired back in the early 90's. he worked for "One-on-One sports" back them . I remember he would do the "tournament of babes" each year during March Madness.

same great show

620 WHEN totally screwed me when they changed formats... my work computer allows me to stream DP but Rome is blocked... ESPN radio is not an option unless SVP is on... makes for a long day.

I've listened to his show, is it crazy? Yes, is it funny? Yes...but...only for the first couple times you listen to it. After awhile you realize its the same people calling up to talk about Auburn or Alabama, it got old really quick.

LOL, I would love to but I just put my second kid into daycare! Now I'm paying a mortgage for 2 kids in daycare. I should start another thread, loop holes in the tax system to have daycare paid for.

Did you check your benefits for pre-tax childcare incentives ... my employer allows me to contribute x number of pre-tax dollars each week to a fund that I can dip from for child care or private school education. Saves me some $$ along the way. I pursued it because I have a 4 year old in private school down here. In Georgia you can also use state tax dollars that you paid as an education credit to a private institution or a daycare ... NY might have a similar program, but you really have to do some digging. In essence here if I pay more than $5000 a year in state tax (which I do) I am able to contribute about 60% of it towards my child's tuition at certain charter schools, unfortunately she is in the Primrose School and they don't do it but schools like the Goddard School do. Also I have found that private pre-k schools are less expensive than day care and I can have my child there from literally 6:30 am to 6:30 pm, it has been a blessing.

I have a morning sports radio question for the board. Does anyone know of a morning sports show that they listen to that isn't a syndicated show like Mike & Mike or Imus that talks college sports or quality sports talk? I just got rid of my Sirius subscription to save some money and used to listen to their college sports channel which had a great line-up of college bball and football talk almost all day long. I do have the Tune in radio app that allows me to get a ton of sports channels across the country but the one thing I noticed is a good 80-90% of all the channels out there have syndicated shows primarily Mike & Mike. I know 1260 has Imus who I can't stand and Mike & Mike is a bland cookie cutter show that is trying to appeal to the masses, has way to many commercials and try to make everything a cliff hanger before a 5 minute commercial. Any suggestions would be great!

Oh I also forgot to mention I'm a big fan of podcasting FWIW ESPN and several others have a few good ones and you can find a slew of them on itunes for free.

Yup. Czaban was one of the first syndicated sports talk shows that 620 locally aired back in the early 90's. he worked for "One-on-One sports" back them . I remember he would do the "tournament of babes" each year during March Madness.
I remember listening to that when I was in college. I had wondered where he went.

That was the best...You can stream his show live on YahooSportsRadio.com