Most Emotional SYRACUSE basketball game??? | Syracusefan.com

Most Emotional SYRACUSE basketball game???

I watched the first half of the Georgia game today was too young to get emotional. Thank God I wasn't older in 87 that would have devastated me. Obviously 03 was the best sports night of my life I had tears in my eyes and I never slept that night. On the other side was the Vermont game. Couldn't move off my couch I was in such state of shock. I couldn't watch bball for a few days after that.

Yeah...03 was a magical ride. That vermont game was tough, The way the '91 season ended was tragic. Playing well. upset in the Big East tournament. They then dropped from a 1 to 2 seed. Then as a 2 seed we were upset by richmond

Another one that was tough to swallow was 2011. Versus marquette was deflated with that lame over and back. oh...and I actually cried hard in 1995 when Moten called that time out vs Arkansas.

Whats the most emotional game that you've watched? Either have you screaming, crying, exceptionally happy? Most thrilling for me is probably 1996 Sweet Sixteen vs georgia !
2003 and it is not even close, nor should it be - for anyone who bleeds orange.

Second, for me, has to be the Kansas game in '96.

I was too young for '75 and I was studying abroad in '87 (no internet back then - got game results two days after the fact via the Intl US newspaper) so had no connection to the run.

Going to what, for me, was the first final four that I actually got to experience, after years and years of disappointments , was surreal.

Most disappointing for me has to be Kentucky in '96. As I said, previously, missed out on '87. Being that close to winning our first NC and missing out was tough, really tough. Did not sleep all night and carried that around for a while.

Second most disappointing, for me, has to be Illinois in '89. That team was good enough to win it all.

Negative emotion: 1987 national championship
Euphoria: 2003 national championship

After the 2003 game, I just felt relieved that the monkey was finally off our back.

Agree 100% about 87 being the worst.

obviously, '87 National Championship was very upsetting. Think I missed a couple days of school after that...LOL
I remember watching a red-eyed, visibly shaken Len Berman on NBC or CBS In NYC right after that game was over, & how his anchors tried to console him: “Bad luck, Len” & “Maybe next year”. I wanted to throw my fricken TV out the window.
Still haven’t recovered from the PTSD of 1987.

2010 Butler loss was the most devastating because that team would have beaten Duke by no less than 15 if Duke has a really good game that year. As far as I’m concerned, Onuaku’s injury and the subsequent loss to Butler took a National Championship trophy out of our hands.

Most exciting, in recent memory at least, has to be Malachi’s heroics versus Virginia.

Negative emotion: 1987 national championship
Euphoria: 2003 national championship
For me, the emotional devastation of 87 will always be greater than the emotional euphoria of 03.

Part of that is that I was a sophomore in 87 so it was closer to home. I saw those players on campus and on M street. They were the same age as I was.

In 03 I felt like we finally got what we deserved.

I've never been as angry in my life at a sporting event as the Vermont game. Gillon's half courter to beat Duke in the Dome brought a tear or 2 of joy with the kids.

Wow this is a tough one. I watched 87 but was 4 so memory is more of family talking about it. Georgia 96 and UK 96 when Wallace fouled out is up there.

MSU in 00 hurt bad because at half I was convinced we had done it. After smoking UConn getting to the new best start ever and then looking like we had a legit shot to win it all after one half, that hurt.

03 was filled with maybe the biggest though. Being a freshman and having all that happen. For me it's either Pitt or the title. The Pitt game I had 20 family members come to, 3 court rushes, loudest I have still ever heard the dome in my lifetime be it not a record crowd and then that reality that this team truly was special. The title game and the flood of emotions being at the dome not in NOLA, high giving everyone in Syracuse including random sketchy people in vans packed full trying to just join in the fun, running to Marshall Street and then spending the next 24 hours on a high watching OSM and collecting every newspaper I could. Easiest hangover to wear off ever.

I think the biggest emotional game after that had to be Butler and Ohio State. Both years we truly were dominant and belonged in the last game from there take it where it shall go. It's really hard to pinpoint as there were many more too.

SU-Vermont 2005 NCAA. Losing to a 13 seed in OT still hurts.

It does. What hurt more about that one was how we tore through the BET and legit entered as a major dark horse to get title number 2. One of the best two man combos in the country.

For me it was the 2003 NC game. Initially it felt very much like '96 did for me (Inwas just a hair too young to fully appreciate '87). By the end as we we closed it out I must've had a little something in both eyes because they got just a little misty. I was actually surprised by it. Aside from yelling at the TV, I never thought I'd get emotional like that.

I think the most insane I ever went during a game was Virginia 2016. That comeback run was such a rush.

Yup same here. 03 I was only 14 years old so didn't appreciate it at the time.

6 OT game also just because I was there.

Worst was butler. Worse than Vermont in my opinion.

Ohio state sucked too (I was there also) but when you are there in person I tend to find it is easier to deal with than watching in your living room.