Most Emotional SYRACUSE basketball game??? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Most Emotional SYRACUSE basketball game???

1987 championship against Indiana. Felt like Syracuse had the game in hand by answering every threat that Indiana (mainly Alford) put forward. Really excited that Syracuse was going to win. My brother called from Texas with less than a minute remaining in the game and jinxed the whole thing by saying what do you think? Back then, I did not have a cell phone and had to leave the room to answer the land line. Sucked the entire excitement and momentum out of the game leaving us with the eventual ending. I blamed him for many years until I finally forgave him in 2003. By the way, he tried calling me before the end of that game but, I did not answer.

in 87, I was 16 at the time, and we had already taken in the hysteria at the airport, as well as on the hill. We were literally putting on our coats to head to the hill when devastation struck.

-96 vs UGA is up there
-96 kansas - my dad took me to the airport that night. really awesome for a 10 yr old. also 96 final 4 started my run of consectutive syracuse final 4's attended (been to all 4 starting wtih 96)
-03 final 4 i was hugging a bunch of random people in the aisle of the superdome after the josh pace runout dunk. i didnt know a single person that i was hugging but it was people of all colors and backgrounds just 1 common interest that we knew about. no one said anything other than incoherent yelling. that instance still sticks out to this day in my brain as a defining memory of my life.
-03 championship. as soon as duany caught the airball, i picked up my 12 yr old brother who was sitting on the other side of my parents (literally picked him up over both of my parents - incredible strength for a 17 yr old if you ask me) and we sprinted down to courtside for the net cutting ceremony.
-05 vermont - i went to atl airport hours early to be able to watch game prior to my flight. we lost as gate was literally closing. as i gave my ticket to agent she basically said "barely made it" and i thought to myself i dont care if this plane goes down tonight. I literally risked the lives of 100 other people en route back to syracuse because of a basketball game. i was also pissed that on a flight from atl-syr it seemed i was the only 1 to care about a SU tournament game. definitely the hardest ive ever taken a cuse loss.
-14 pitt - son was 2 months old and sleeping on my wifes shoulder - i sprinted outside in shorts and tshirt barefoot in an atlanta 'snow storm'
-16 uva - my son was 2.5 and that was the 1st time he emulated me sryacuse related - and he really got into the cheering the last 10 min. i tried to hide the tears from my wife as the game was officially looking to be ours but no way i did. its a dont ask dont tell type thing so i dont know if she actually did or didnt. lol.

as an honorable mention - id put 2014 duke on there too. and the butler loss stung for days.