Most hated CBB players of all time | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Most hated CBB players of all time

I look for any chance I can find to post the greatest 16 minute highlight reel of a game that I’ve ever seen:

The transition buckets and alley oops were ok I guess but I was really hoping for someone to do a backdown for five minutes like they were an out of shape Under Armour Dad trying to beat his 13 year old kid on the driveway.

The transition buckets and alley oops were ok I guess but I was really hoping for someone to do a backdown for five minutes like they were an out of shape Under Armour Dad trying to beat his 13 year old kid on the driveway.
Wasn’t sure whether I should give this the “love” or “laughing” response. Because I love it, and I laughed.

Patrick Ewing hands down. It’s one thing to talk trash like some of them did including Devo. But nobody except Ewing physically choked a player with his hands around a players throat. And not once, but twice. Should have been arrested on the spot.

No question it’s Ewing. But for me it’s because he was so dominating. Poor Andre Hawkins. Wins against Georgetown were really hard to come by during Ewing’s years.

And then he became a New York Knick and he didn’t seem so bad anymore.

I'm extremely biased against Ohio State, but throw Jon Diebler and Evan Turner on the list. I'd also include Greivis Vasquez, Kevin Pittsnogle and Marcus Williams. Puts me in a bad mood thinking about this topic.

I'm extremely biased against Ohio State, but throw Jon Diebler and Evan Turner on the list. I'd also include Greivis Vasquez, Kevin Pittsnogle and Marcus Williams. Puts me in a bad mood thinking about this topic.

I liked Vasquez :( kid would kill Duke.

Good catch.

No sweat.

1652307059852.jpeg

This begs the question: who are the most hated SU players by other fanbases?

Obviously Devo is #1 by a mile.

Did people hate GMac? He's white, played with a lot of passion, felt like he was around for a decade, and hit tons of big shots. That checks most of the boxes.

I'm a bit too young to remember if opposing fanbases loathed DC due to his badassery.

Did people hate GMac? He's white, played with a lot of passion, felt like he was around for a decade, and hit tons of big shots. That checks most of the boxes.

I'm a bit too young to remember if opposing fanbases loathed DC due to his badassery.
I'd have to think they hated GMAC 4 year starter played with great emotion and intensity.

They (driven by the media)certainly hated Derrick in the NBA. Which made me like him even more.

th

The entire 2006 storz team was loathsome, led by laptop and powder. This hate was further driven by some admins doubling as storz apologists. That 2006 regional final loss to George Mason was my #1 most satisfying non SU victory.

Nah, bro - GTown getting run off the court by FGCU’s Dunk City routine was by far the best non-Cuse hoops victory of all time.

1652564454875.gif

Nah, bro - GTown getting run off the court by FGCU’s Dunk City routine was by far the best non-Cuse hoops victory of all time.

View attachment 217181
That was awesome as well. My reasoning for ranking GMU higher was the stakes involved. That G'town team was no threat to win the title. The 2006 storz reprobates were.

Without a doubt. Just being selected for the Olympic team was reason enough to hate him. Surprised Paulus didn't end up on the list with the rest of the Dookies.
Wasn't good enough to be hated

Couldn’t stand Blake Griffin

They (driven by the media)certainly hated Derrick in the NBA. Which made me like him even more.

th
There were a lot of reasons Derrick was not liked when he became a pro. I listen to this podcast called Crime in Sports done by these two comedians, it’s actually super in depth and one of the guys does loads and loads of research and they did an episode on him. That said, I love DC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom