Most Overrated Top 10 Team in America -- UConn | Syracusefan.com

Most Overrated Top 10 Team in America -- UConn

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Based on comparing the unbiased KenPom ranking to the AP Ranking, the most overrated top 10 team in America is... UConn. They are ranked 9th in AP, but only 22nd in KenPom. The gap of 13 is the largest in the top 10, and the second largest in the top 20. Clearly, UConn is not top 10 material.

U-Conn has a pretty weak schedule until January. It's hard to see them as a top 10 team with all the issues. Their recruiting is not as good as the Orange but they have had pretty good recruits. After the first three weeks in January we will have a good idea who the best teams are going to be.

-Conn

They don't even belong in the top 25. Usually mid majors take at least until feb to crack the top 25, they should feel honored.
cusetown1, some in the country still don't view UConn as a mid major. They play in the same conference as Louisville after all. Once the ville leaves next year, the few remaining writers who still think of the Huskies as being in the Big East will alter their opinion of that gritty bunch.

cusetown1, some in the country still don't view UConn as a mid major. They play in the same conference as Louisville after all. Once the ville leaves next year, the few remaining writers who still think of the Huskies as being in the Big East will alter their opinion of that gritty bunch.
Fine next year they will be. I will give them one more year of big boy status.

Playing with Louisville is one thing, competing on the same level as Louisville is another. If Uconn's not a mid major then they are just irrelevant, much like every team in the Catholic League except Nova.

UConn is learning to be the new Memphis. Schedule 2 good OOC games (IU and Florida). Get two 1 point wins. Get to the cupcake conference schedule and reel off wins against mostly out manned mid majors. Except for the 2 games against Ville (this year only) and two games vs. Memphis, the others are all easy wins. Ride that gaudy record to a high poll ranking (while power conference teams bang heads and lose a few games) and a high NCAAT seed...then crash and burn, just like Memphis always did after going undefeated in C-USA.

Can we declare an end to all things uconn on this board? They dont deserve anymore of our time.
Seriously. Exhausted of any thread. Time burglars.
tumblr_kycdoqrrlV1qal6j5.jpg

UConn is learning to be the new Memphis. Schedule 2 good OOC games (IU and Florida). Get two 1 point wins. Get to the cupcake conference schedule and reel off wins against mostly out manned mid majors. Except for the 2 games against Ville (this year only) and two games vs. Memphis, the others are all easy wins. Ride that gaudy record to a high poll ranking (while power conference teams bang heads and lose a few games) and a high NCAAT seed...then crash and burn, just like Memphis always did after going undefeated in C-USA.

I sure hope they aren't the new Memphis. Memphis is an excellent program that was one historical fluke of an ending from winning a title in 2008.

I sure hope they aren't the new Memphis. Memphis is an excellent program that was one historical fluke of an ending from winning a title in 2008.

They may very well be just that. Like I said in a previous thread, a big goldfish in a runoff cesspool. Cal made a living on playing an awful conference schedule. It's easy to get a top ranking and top seed when you go 16-0 in conference against mid-major programs.

They may very well be just that. Like I said in a previous thread, a big goldfish in a runoff cesspool. Cal made a living on playing an awful conference schedule. It's easy to get a top ranking and top seed when you go 16-0 in conference against mid-major programs.

But they usually play a pretty challenging non-conference slate to make up for it - for example, during that 2008 season they played Oklahoma (with Blake Griffin), UConn, Cincinnati, Arizona, Georgetown and Tennessee (when they were #2 in the country) out-of-conference.

TerryM said:
I just hope we get a chance to put some bad taste of CUSE in they moufs

and then a foot up they ass.

The bad taste of Cuse in their mouth is us being in the ACC. They pretend to think the ACC sucks at football and basketball, but they would kill to be in it. We are in the perfect conference for us and they're in the perfect conference for them.

UConn #9 and just hired a new football coach. Glad I found a board that has so many topics about UConn. Hopefully we will get title #4 this year. Can't wait for your guys next UConn post, probably be up tomorrow.

UConn #9 and just hired a new football coach. Glad I found a board that has so many topics about UConn. Hopefully we will get title #4 this year. Can't wait for your guys next UConn post, probably be up tomorrow.

You're a ******* tool.

UConn will be fine as will the AAC. Even with Louisville leaving they'll still have Cincy, Memphis, and Temple. That's a pretty good group of four.

Agree with the poster who says Memphis would play 3 or 4 good OOC games, so the Huskies will have to do that as well. But if they win the majority of those games, again they will be fine.

Their 1999 team remains the only team without FBS football (but in a league with BCS affiliation) to win the NC since Nova in 1985. UNLV won in 1990 with a non-power football conference FBS team. And Butler very recently reached two consecutive championship games and if the ball bounces the right way, could have won one of them.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom