Most Pretentious Obnoxious Visiting fans I’ve ever witnessed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Most Pretentious Obnoxious Visiting fans I’ve ever witnessed

Most Duke fans are fake and couldn’t tell you who played on Duke before this century. Probably don’t know Bilas went there. They’ve only heard of Laettner and couldn’t pick him out of a group of people either.

I will be sure to return the favor when we head to Durham and play them in football this fall j/k......as a fan who travels to many away games to watch/cheer on my team(s) you quickly learn not to act like a jerk..

Its ok to cheer but no reason to go over the top, win with grace and lose the same way.....way too many obnoxious fans who just don't "get it"

I will be sure to return the favor when we head to Durham and play them in football this fall j/k...as a fan who travels to many away games to watch/cheer on my team(s) you quickly learn not to act like a jerk..

Its ok to cheer but no reason to go over the top, win with grace and lose the same way...way too many obnoxious fans who just don't "get it"

In large part because they aren’t the real traveling fan base. There here only because Duke has come to their neighborhood and they are home team contrarians. They are not going anywhere else to see Duke.

Yankees, Patriots/Cowboys
I became a Cowboys fan, in part, because the Giants fans I know were all so obnoxious. Dodger fandom came naturally to me when they were in Brooklyn and Yankee fans were obnoxious. It happens.

I will be sure to return the favor when we head to Durham and play them in football this fall j/k...as a fan who travels to many away games to watch/cheer on my team(s) you quickly learn not to act like a jerk..

Its ok to cheer but no reason to go over the top, win with grace and lose the same way...way too many obnoxious fans who just don't "get it"
Cheering and holding funny signs is expected at home. On the road just about anything out of the ordinary will likely be considered 'obnoxious'. Like it or not, road fans are ambassadors for their teams. Better to keep it low-key and classy than feed into a negative perception.

Last edited:
No, Pitt fans are the worst!

Close second! Had a group bail us out and sell Big East Tourney tix to us at face years ago so I give them a little extra pass. Almost lost it all when we played UNC Asheville in Pittsburgh a few years back though.

nothing beats an obnoxious red sox fan, and there are plenty of them. I didn't have any mishaps with the Duke fans yesterday, I have with Villanova fans in the past though.

Experience

lLtSRSH.gif

In large part because they aren’t the real traveling fan base. There here only because Duke has come to their neighborhood and they are home team contrarians. They are not going anywhere else to see Duke.

I know 99% of you won't know who the hell I'm talking about, but a local morning show host named Cody Mack on KROCK is a classic example. He's 34 yrs. old so would have started following sports in early 90's. His favorite teams are Florida St. football, UCLA hoops, Atlanta Braves, and Dallas Cowboys.

I know 99% of you won't know who the hell I'm talking about, but a local morning show host named Cody Mack on KROCK is a classic example. He's 34 yrs. old so would have started following sports in early 90's. His favorite teams are Florida St. football, UCLA hoops, Atlanta Braves, and Dallas Cowboys.

SMH.

The Duke fans in my section were tame. Just cheering.

Two 60 year olds nearly came to blows though. It was pathetic all around and I'm sorry to say the Cuse fan instigated it. Duke fan was just cheering and clapping.

Lmao that's how much of a recurring theme there is with the female dukies.
We had three in our section. Stood the whole game (while looking at their phones). Their prerogative of course but a guy behind them asked them to sit down (don't know if he asked nicely or not). One of them went completely ballistic, like she'd been stabbed. Took quite a while to settle her down.

To the season ticket holders that sold your tickets to Duke fans make a buck screw you.

UConn fans are better behaved than what I witnessed today.

Talking during the moment of silence for Jimenez and telling my wife to shut up is one thing.

Spilling beer on my coat is another.

I got beer spilled all over my coat by a Cuse fan.

But I did make a bet with a Duke fan and he paid up. (Shrug.)

My wife became a Carolina fan solely because husband #1 and her two boys totally bought into the whole Duke schtick and listening to them and watching K made her sick.