Most Pretentious Obnoxious Visiting fans I’ve ever witnessed | Syracusefan.com

Most Pretentious Obnoxious Visiting fans I’ve ever witnessed

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
To the season ticket holders that sold your tickets to Duke fans make a buck screw you.

UConn fans are better behaved than what I witnessed today.

Talking during the moment of silence for Jimenez and telling my wife to shut up is one thing.

Spilling beer on my coat is another.

To the season ticket holders that sold your tickets to Duke fans make a buck screw you.

Talking during the moment of silence for Jimenez and telling my wife to shut up is one thing.

I blame you for not defending Our House.

You should have eaten the $8 and dumped a beer on that woman.

Wasn't there a issue with Duke fans the last time they were here

I bet that very few of these front-running Duke fans have any real affiliation to the school.

At least it seemed that way at the '14 and '17 games - those Duke fans looked and acted too dumb to get into a good school
Not that it matters. Most of the fans wearing orange have no affiliation to the school. Good thing too. If the only people that went to games were people with connections to the SU, the crowds would be a lot smaller.

Not that it matters. Most of the fans wearing orange have no affiliation to the school. Good thing too. If the only people that went to games were people with connections to the SU, the crowds would be a lot smaller.

Should add, connection to the area?

Most “Duke fans” at the Dome are upstate NYers who have no connections to Duke, Durham, or the state of North Carolina.

I would guess that most of the SU fans in attendance either have ties to SU or the region. Not so much with the Duke fans who were in attendance

Should add, connection to the area?

Most “Duke fans” at the Dome are upstate NYers who have no connections to Duke, Durham, or the state of North Carolina.
Duke is a national team. The most popular team now. Syracuse is a national team too. There’s a reason there are many orange fans at all away games. I’m from Minnesota and have been to Syracuse twice in my life, both times solely because of Syracuse basketball. I have absolutely no connection to Syracuse but I feel in love with the team after watching Pearl and being devastated after losing to Indiana in ‘87.

Duke is a national team. The most popular team now. Syracuse is a national team too. There’s a reason there are many orange fans at all away games. I’m from Minnesota and have been to Syracuse twice in my life, both times solely because of Syracuse basketball. I have absolutely no connection to Syracuse but I feel in love with the team after watching Pearl and being devastated after losing to Indiana in ‘87.

Ok...should I add “and is likely a complete douche” to the list of Duke fan qualities.

However someone who became an Orange fan from watching them play in the late 80’s and is a Billy Owens fan, is clearly a jam up guy that understands basketball.

Come on guys, they're Dukies. Who cares what they think or say? Screw 'em.

I bet that very few of these front-running Duke fans have any real affiliation to the school.

At least it seemed that way at the '14 and '17 games - those Duke fans looked and acted too dumb to get into a good school

That's the rub. Pick a school and declare yourself a fan, then walk into the local team's arena and taunt their fans. Kid next to me giving the shhhh sign everytime O'Connell hit a three. Asked him when he graduated and how was the drive up from Durham. "Oh, I didn't go there. I just like them." K retires and they have a couple of down years and he'll show up wearing a Gonzaga hoodie.

That's the rub. Pick a school and declare yourself a fan, then walk into the local team's arena and taunt their fans. Kid next to me giving the shhhh sign everytime O'Connell hit a three. Asked him when he graduated and how was the drive up from Durham. "Oh, I didn't go there. I just like them." K retires and they have a couple of down years and he'll show up wearing a Gonzaga hoodie.

SMH.

This is the result of kids growing up virtually. They’re used to running their mouths to strangers on Xbox live and YouTube and social media with zero danger or consequences and have no clue that acting like that around the wrong knucklehead(and let’s be real...there are still a few of them in Orange at the Dome) could lead to a punch in the mouth.

It’s not good.

I'd bet 90% of those visiting Duke "fans" were CNY locals who've never set foot in North Carolina.