Mount Rushmore of professional wrestling | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mount Rushmore of professional wrestling

its before my time so i'm going just on the histories i've read, but i think compared to the four i mentioned bruno was a little more of a regional draw. the money followed lewis thesz andre & flair regardless of the territory

Hard to say, I get your point. But Bruno was main eventing the biggest territory in the country so he had less need to move around. He did work All Japan

the thing with austin was he was a mid-carder for almost his entire career until he hit it big with austin 3:16. that gimmick lit the wrestling world on fire, but it was like a shooting start, burning bright but short. he got injured fairly early in that run and was relegated to a special event wrestler. if he had hit on that gimmick earlier or stayed healthier longer, he would certainly have topped the rock.

It's actually crazy to think; Austin was basically a main eventer for what, 3 years? Wrestlemania 14-19 really, but he was on the shelf for a lot of that time.

The Uso's are an awesome tag team right now. Revival and Ciampa/Gargano had an amazing feud last year.

Tag Teams: Steiner Brothers and Hart Foundation were my favorites.

Also, on the rare occasions that I watch now I find the fans incredibly annoying. It’s like they’re there to do sing a longs with a few guys entrances and catch phrases, and to boo a few guys because it’s the “cool” thing to do, and that’s it. Trying way too hard to be part of the show, and couldn’t care less about anything else.

For those of you who don't watch every week and just check in once in a while, uh, don't watch any of the Finn Balor-Bray Wyatt stuff.

For those of you who don't watch every week and just check in once in a while, uh, don't watch any of the Finn Balor-Bray Wyatt stuff.

I got the Network so I could watch all of the old stuff that I’d never seen and rewatch some favorites that I hadn’t seen in years. I’ll watch some of the new PPV’s here and there, but never watch the weekly shows. Both of those guys you named seem like good examples of guys the fans like to be part of their entrance, but don’t give a crap about beyond that from what I’ve seen.

I haven't really watched in decades, but my 4 would be Bruno, Hulk, Steve Austin (or a better, more recent face) and Mil Mascares

I got the Network so I could watch all of the old stuff that I’d never seen and rewatch some favorites that I hadn’t seen in years. I’ll watch some of the new PPV’s here and there, but never watch the weekly shows. Both of those guys you named seem like good examples of guys the fans like to be part of their entrance, but don’t give a crap about beyond that from what I’ve seen.

I think Bray for sure. Finn is really good and I think has a pretty good following, but he's stuck in just a terrible feud right now.

Bray Wyatt is probably my least favorite guy they have right now.

The Rock mentioned Syracuse and Marvin Graves in his book, so he has to be there. That plus being as entertaining a figure as there was.

I wasn't his biggest fan during his run but everything I hear/read about the Rock is awesome. One of the few top guys who wasn't a massive mark for himself & would just go with whatever finish. True pro.

Edit: also, I think Savage has become incredibly underrated somehow. That guy was amazing in every single facet - great matches, great talker, great character, super popular with fans, great face or heel.

I was a big Savage mark; totally missed his heel years. So much of his game was getting his ass kicked and double axe handles it's incredible he pulled off a good heel run.
Vader was awesome IMO.

+1. WCW was setting up a feud with Rude in 93-4 but he left the company or something. Too bad that woulda been interesting.

I'm not a wrestling historian, I only really followed it for like ten years. But my favorite 4 are The Rock,Stone Cold, Bret the Hitman Hart, and Shawn Micheals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom