Movies 2023 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Movies 2023

Breaking my own rule about stupidly long movies and going to see Killers of the Flower Moon tomorrow. Read the book and excited to see what Scorsese and Leo came up with but 3.5 hours is absolutely stupid.

Watched Fair Play on Netflix tonight. I’d recommend. Good husband/wife or bf/gf stay-in date night flick.

Breaking my own rule about stupidly long movies and going to see Killers of the Flower Moon tomorrow. Read the book and excited to see what Scorsese and Leo came up with but 3.5 hours is absolutely stupid.
That legit pisses me off.

Make a miniseries.

Movies aren't supposed to be that long.

I'll see Peter Jackson and his ilk in Hell.

That legit pisses me off.

Make a miniseries.

Movies aren't supposed to be that long.

I'll see Peter Jackson and his ilk in Hell.
Going to the 12:30 showing. Was debating between that and 9:40am as I have no interest whatsoever in starting it at 7:15 or whatever and getting home at 11:30.

movies being long is not that abnormal, it kinda went away when the cineplex became a thing. now its coming back.

The issues isnt long movies its long movies for no real reason.

Killers of the flower moon

Showtime was 11:50 didnt start until 12:20 and then ran 3:20.

It was an interesting movie. I mean how many really know anything about that back story.

Acting was real good by all the leads.

It dragged in a few spots because, yeah, it was a good 30 min too long for the story they told.

Just watched the new Haunted Mansion. I liked it. We were entertained.

We watched Silence and Darkness last night. Disturbing, and not in a good way.

I had no knowledge of the movie, but while watching remarked several times that it looked like Vermont. Turns out my powers of observation are spot on as it was filmed in Warren and Waitsfield, near Sugarbush Resort for you out-of-towners.

want some light HALLOWEEN fun ?
try tucker and dale vs evil . available on prime.

Unknown.jpeg

this film (while not great) totally flips and spoofs the classic teenage slasher genre.
would be a perfect DRIVE IN double feature companion film to COCAINE BEAR.

I've had a free movie ticket for years that I won at work and have never gotten around to using it. I watch movies at home, but don't go to the theater very often.

But I'm going to use it on Boys in the Boat. My aunt recommended the book to me. It didn't really seem like my kind of thing, but the book was excellent. The movie might not be as good - most of the time it seems like it isn't. But can't complain when it's a free ticket.

I recommend Godzilla Minus One. It’s not only good for Godzilla and Kaiju fans but it has a really good storyline and very suspenseful.

Watched Leave the World Behind over the weekend. Meh. Interesting premise but a little heavy handed. And too many things that could not have happened.

Watched Leave the World Behind over the weekend. Meh. Interesting premise but a little heavy handed. And too many things that could not have happened.
I started it, but stopped when Julia got 'ugly.' I will need to get back to it, as i'm sure that's going to 'pay off' as a thematic element, but i was sufficiently put off by it that i just lost interest. It was slow up to that point anyway, and i kinda felt like this was the beginning of some 'manipulations' i wasn't ready to get into. I'm not sure i'm bothered by what "could not have happened," but so far, that has only been the beach thing, i guess, and i was kinda getting the sense that it was going to be an M Knight Shyamalan kind of thing, where absurdities are just a part of the world.

Sucked. Felt it was a total waste of time.

I recommend Godzilla Minus One. It’s not only good for Godzilla and Kaiju fans but it has a really good storyline and very suspenseful.
Yes, exceptionally good movie in a year with a lot of really good movies.

Watched The Killer, and The Boy and The Heron recently. Probably my least favorite Fincher film that I’ve seen (have not seen a few like Benjamin Button and Mank).

Not a Studio Ghibli person but my wife and friends are. None of us liked this one though.

Not sure what my movie of the year would be. Probably Air or Across the Spiderverse? Should also note I have unfortunately not seen Mission Impossible or John Wick this year and I’m sure I’ll like both a lot.

Saw Iron Claw yesterday. Fascinating movie. The whole cast is great.

You'll want to learn more about the Von Erich family after watching it, and when you do, you'll be heartbroken to find out the movie doesn't even show all of the tragedies the family went through.

Saw Godzilla yesterday. Pretty good. This is not “guy in a suit” or the mismatched lips and words stuff. I was intrigued by the setting and grittiness/realness they brought of postwar Japan. Basically every male being a broken veteran and everyone else being a broken survivor. Tokyo as a post apocalyptic wasteland due to firebombing, etc. These were compelling concepts that I don’t think I’ve ever seen addressed in a film, especially a Godzilla movie if all things!

Saw Poor Things yesterday. Loved it but also loved Dogtooth, The Lobster and The Favourite. Definitely not for everyone, especially if you haven't seen his previous stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom