Moyer Attracting Offers | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Moyer Attracting Offers

Louie McCroskey was in JB's doghouse and he turned out pretty awesome.

louie.gif

It was more than that. It was publicly disputing just how injured the player was, and the family intervening to make him sit out.

For the record, Boeheim had the same problem with the Grant family. He was just brutal to McCullough, once he started hearing the draft projections, and he never supported Tyler Roberson as a player, always killed him in press conferences.

Moyer couldn't even give us a few minutes vs Duke when Marek picked up 2 instead of having a nice half time lead we were down 5 because of him. We supposed to stop recruiting better players at his position when hes not that good to begin with so he can turn it around? We need shooters and he can't hit free throws. Good teammate and was a hustle player who made some contributions this year and a few nice plays and helped us win a couple games but IMO the ship is better used elsewhere. No hard feelings I don't put much stock into offcourt heresay as a Cuse fan.

BJ is the only recent transfer that we missed. Wish he stayed and the PT would have opened up with Gbinije never playing another minute at the 3 again after 2015. If he just redshirted as a freshman he probably goes down as one of our best all time players he'd have been a better Southerland. Everyone else recent who has left due to PT its shocking that they were ever ranked that highly out of HS to get a Cuse offer.

Disagree with all of this.

First, there isn't a better use of the scholarship. We are unlikely to use the scholarship. So no matter how little you respect his ability, we really don't have a better use for his scholarship....and please don't say it would be better used on a walk-on.

We need forwards. Even if he isn't able to get to the point of unseating OB and MD next season, he could still contribute next season and would almost definitely be a contributor in year's beyond. He doesn't have to be a starter or star to be a solid contributor on a 13 man roster.

And its ok to say you don't think he had performed well enough to deserve more run this season without saying he was complete crap and didn't deserve the scholarship. People's take on Moyer's abilities and likely career trajectory are really out there.

BJ might have been a solid contributor if he stayed, he never would have been one of our best all time players....I mean are you kidding me?? He had a very solid year this year against far inferior competition than what he would have faced in the ACC and he was a year older as a senior at LaSalle than he would have been as a senior at SU. I mean I liked BJ and was a fan of his from the time he committed, but you're getting carried away a bit.

Disagree with all of this.

First, there isn't a better use of the scholarship. We are unlikely to use the scholarship. So no matter how little you respect his ability, we really don't have a better use for his scholarship...and please don't say it would be better used on a walk-on.

We need forwards. Even if he isn't able to get to the point of unseating OB and MD next season, he could still contribute next season and would almost definitely be a contributor in year's beyond. He doesn't have to be a starter or star to be a solid contributor on a 13 man roster.

And its ok to say you don't think he had performed well enough to deserve more run this season without saying he was complete crap and didn't deserve the scholarship. People's take on Moyer's abilities and likely career trajectory are really out there.

BJ might have been a solid contributor if he stayed, he never would have been one of our best all time players...I mean are you kidding me?? He had a very solid year this year against far inferior competition than what he would have faced in the ACC and he was a year older as a senior at LaSalle than he would have been as a senior at SU. I mean I liked BJ and was a fan of his from the time he committed, but you're getting carried away a bit.

You might be right on Moyer I don't disagree with what you said. But he made the decision when we thought we had a top 10 recruit coming in at his spot. Who knows maybe if we don't get into the dance and Marek doesn't impress that is enough for him to come back and think he'll play.

BJ didn't know Gbinije was moving to point. He'd have been great on the 2016 team in his natural position with the size and athleticism. If he had redshirted hes a SR on this years team. There aren't many 20 point per game college players A10 isn't bad he was probably the best player in a 3 bid league. We make the tournament comfortably each of the last 3 years with him. Shame he didn't sit that first year and let CJ graduate.

The kid is changing the arc of his life over a sprained ankle. I understand what happened there was unfortunate, but it was just an ankle sprain, even a really bad one. The coach was a bit of a jerk about it, but people are like that in life. Kid would get on the court, get burned, get off the court.

I'd rather have the Newhouse degree.

Hey, I don't disagree, Bayside, but we're from a different generation than today's kids. The parents have so much on the line, sometimes, trying to "ensure" their kids' success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom