Moyer's Departure | Syracusefan.com

Moyer's Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangtiz

Starter
With Moyer leaving, there will be at least(I can't keep up with this crap due to schollie reductions) 2 open scholarships for the 2018 season. We NEED to find a way to bring in another four year player, I really don't care what position, but it has to happen. I cannot go through more seasons with depth issues like we have had the past two seasons.

Any suggestions on who the staff might pursue?

There was a mention in passing from a recent article about Marek Dolezaj of a player who is a countryman/friend. Marek said that he was going back to help him prepare for coming to play in the US.

It is possible but it is probably a long shot..

There was a mention in passing from a recent article about Marek Dolezaj of a player who is a countryman/friend. Marek said that he was going back to help him prepare for coming to play in the US.

It is possible but it is probably a long shot..
I looked and found he was a 6’4 guard. Maybe Frankie Policelli?

I would be surprised if SU takes another recruit for 2018.

JAB hasn't had 13 guys on scholarship for as long as I can remember and typically the 11th and 12th guys were marginal at best and didn't stick around for more than a season or two.

I looked and found he was a 6’4 guard. Maybe Frankie Policelli?

Porcelli might be interesting. I wonder how his recruiting is going, and if we'd be able to get back into the game at this stage.

Edit -- looks like he's rated 146 nationally by one publication. 6-8 205 pounds. Offers from Illinois, Maryland, Washington, Cincinnati.

Last edited:
Porcelli might be interesting. I wonder how his recruiting is going, and if we'd be able to get back into the game at this stage.

Edit -- looks like he's rated 146 nationally by one publication. 6-8 205 pounds. Offers from Illinois, Maryland, Washington, Cincinnati.

Maryland is the leader here from what I've heard...

With Moyer leaving, there will be at least(I can't keep up with this crap due to schollie reductions) 2 open scholarships for the 2018 season. We NEED to find a way to bring in another four year player, I really don't care what position, but it has to happen. I cannot go through more seasons with depth issues like we have had the past two seasons.

Any suggestions on who the staff might pursue?

As things stand right now, assuming Ty leaves and everybody else is back, we are more than fine with the depth. Matt wasn't getting on the court anyways barring something very unexpected. The staff hopefully is in tune with the players and should have an inkling if anybody else is at risk to leave. Assuming the staff believes everybody else will be back I would rather hold a scholie than give it away to roster fodder. To me, the biggest depth issue on the roster is at center if Sid does not get back @ 100%.

So, IMHO, I would only give a scholie out now if the staff is really high on a particular player or if they can find a center who is at least viable enough to give us backup minutes if needed.

As things stand right now, assuming Ty leaves and everybody else is back, we are more than fine with the depth. Matt wasn't getting on the court anyways barring something very unexpected. The staff hopefully is in tune with the players and should have an inkling if anybody else is at risk to leave. Assuming the staff believes everybody else will be back I would rather hold a scholie than give it away to roster fodder. To me, the biggest depth issue on the roster is at center if Sid does not get back @ 100%.

So, IMHO, I would only give a scholie out now if the staff is really high on a particular player or if they can find a center who is at least viable enough to give us backup minutes if needed.

It isn’t about 2018-19 depth, it’s about 2019+. It’s conceivable the only scholarship players are Hughes, Boeheim, Washington, and Sidibe (assuming he’s healthy). That’s only four guys, and two seasons is not that long off.

It isn’t about 2018-19 depth, it’s about 2019+. It’s conceivable the only scholarship players are Hughes, Boeheim, Washington, and Sidibe (assuming he’s healthy). That’s only four guys, and two seasons is not that long off.
Carey isn't leaving after next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors