Moyer's Departure | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Moyer's Departure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyer will be missed in 19 and 20. He wouldn’t have played much next year but if he just buckled down and improved his jumper and back to basket moves he would have started two years and could have been a 12-14 pnts and 10-12 reb a game guy. He should have stayed. I wish him the best though either way.

Moyer will be missed in 19 and 20. He wouldn’t have played much next year but if he just buckled down and improved his jumper and back to basket moves he would have started two years and could have been a 12-14 pnts and 10-12 reb a game guy. He should have stayed. I wish him the best though either way.

I don’t know if you and I were watching different things, but I never envisioned Moyer as a double-double avergae type of player. I loved his attitude, but I just don’t think that future was in his cards.

I don’t know if you and I were watching different things, but I never envisioned Moyer as a double-double avergae type of player. I loved his attitude, but I just don’t think that future was in his cards.

Agree. I think many gave up on Matt contributing at this level far too early. I think he could have been a solid contributor as a JR and SR but double double is even a little too ambitious for me.

ok lets open the Slovakia pipeline.....Syracuse-Slovakia campus has a nice ring to it...

It isn’t about 2018-19 depth, it’s about 2019+. It’s conceivable the only scholarship players are Hughes, Boeheim, Washington, and Sidibe (assuming he’s healthy). That’s only four guys, and two seasons is not that long off.

Agree w Dash that Carey will be at least a two year player. Also, you are forgetting Goodine. No question we will need to recruit a couple of forwards and a center at least. That should not be too difficult between the rest of this year's class and all of next year's class. I still say no reason to settle for roster fodder now. I did NOT say we shouldn't take another player. I just want that player to be somebody the staff is high on and/or somebody worthy of at least backup minutes at the five spot per my post above.

More because of his hustle and will than talent. I also am big on kids improving over the years or hoping for it anyways.

As things stand right now, assuming Ty leaves and everybody else is back, we are more than fine with the depth. Matt wasn't getting on the court anyways barring something very unexpected. The staff hopefully is in tune with the players and should have an inkling if anybody else is at risk to leave. Assuming the staff believes everybody else will be back I would rather hold a scholie than give it away to roster fodder. To me, the biggest depth issue on the roster is at center if Sid does not get back @ 100%.

So, IMHO, I would only give a scholie out now if the staff is really high on a particular player or if they can find a center who is at least viable enough to give us backup minutes if needed.

Or if they take on a transfer/redshirt like they did this season with Hughes. Someone who isn't going to expect minutes in a rotation that they aren't likely to find them in but who will then be poised to help out when the roster clears out a little bit.

I don't think we necessarily have to take another 4-year player, but we do need to take at least one more player -- and I honestly would prefer two.

One of them should be a sit-out transfer, as we know Boeheim doesn't play more than 8-9 anyway. And I would be fine with two of them, to be honest. If we don't like any of the options out there for 2018's.

That, or we best get moving on the 2019 class. Goodline is a good start, but it's going to need to be high impact with the amount of players we stand to lose.

More because of his hustle and will than talent. I also am big on kids improving over the years or hoping for it anyways.

Guys get better at what they do, they suddenly don't develop new skills. He would've been a really good rebounder and better finisher for sure, and was able to knock down foul shots.

I love Matt Moyer, he was raised right and is very good young man, I wish him well! I know Matt’s family won’t be on here after everyone of his games trying rub salt in our wounds because his or her son has transferred and is doing well! Class that’s why!

I love Matt Moyer, he was raised right and is very good young man, I wish him well! I know Matt’s family won’t be on here after everyone of his games trying rub salt in our wounds because his or her son has transferred and is doing well! Class that’s why!
Is that aimed at BJ’s dad? If so, that is way off base. If not, I apologize.

Go ahead apologize I
You do you let me worry about me! You brought the man name into not me seems like you should be doing the apologizing!

Go ahead apologize I

You do you let me worry about me! You brought the man name into not me seems like you should be doing the apologizing!
I’m not sure I understand what you are saying. If you mean BJ’s dad, I won’t apologize and I would encourage you to have the integrity to use his name if you call him out. Furthermore, it is an entirely different situation.

I’m not sure I understand what you are saying. If you mean BJ’s dad, I won’t apologize and I would encourage you to have the integrity to use his name if you call him out. Furthermore, it is an entirely different situation.
I didn’t call him out you obviously don’t know me so you challenging my integrity means as much to me as a pimple on my ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom