Mr. Boots is St. John's Bound | Syracusefan.com

Mr. Boots is St. John's Bound

Dadarules

Walk On
I know this is not hoops related but every once in a while I have updated the board about my son who many know as Mr. Boots as he would go to all the Syracusefan get togethers with me since he was 2 wearing his yellow rain boots regardless of the weather (he is the golfer in my photo wearing flip flops as he outgrew the boots by then).

Anyway, he went to Le Moyne on a baseball scholarship as a pitcher and got his undergraduate degree with a double major in finance and analytics. He had 2 years of additional eligibility from Covid and a redshirt so he went into the portal on great terms with his coaches.

60+ colleges reached out as he is 6'5" 220 sitting 91 mph and hitting 93 mph with more in the tank. I never thought I would say these words but I couldn't be prouder that he just chose St. John's. I grew up HATING SJU, but i now love SJU Baseball!!

Just wanted to share this with everyone who knew him as the little kid in the yellow rain boots. As nice of a kid he is in real life, he is NOT when he is pitching.
Screenshot_20230404_211624_Gallery.jpg

Congrats to your boy, doing big things.

I know this is not hoops related but every once in a while I have updated the board about my son who many know as Mr. Boots as he would go to all the Syracusefan get togethers with me since he was 2 wearing his yellow rain boots regardless of the weather (he is the golfer in my photo wearing flip flops as he outgrew the boots by then).

Anyway, he went to Le Moyne on a baseball scholarship as a pitcher and got his undergraduate degree with a double major in finance and analytics. He had 2 years of additional eligibility from Covid and a redshirt so he went into the portal on great terms with his coaches.

60+ colleges reached out as he is 6'5" 220 sitting 91 mph and hitting 93 mph with more in the tank. I never thought I would say these words but I couldn't be prouder that he just chose St. John's. I grew up HATING SJU, but i now love SJU Baseball!!

Just wanted to share this with everyone who knew him as the little kid in the yellow rain boots. As nice of a kid he is in real life, he is NOT when he is pitching.View attachment 229239
Congrats. There was a famous college baseball game played 43 ago featuring Ron Darling of Yale and Frank Viola of St John’s.

Viola and St John’s won.

Many consider it the greatest game in college baseball history.

Hope Mr Boots is able to do similar things in Queens.

Just wanted to share this with everyone who knew him as the little kid in the yellow rain boots. As nice of a kid he is in real life, he is NOT when he is pitching.View attachment 229239

Congrats to you and your son.

That a premier NE program and a national one as well. Congratulations.

Congrats. There was a famous college baseball game played 43 ago featuring Ron Darling of Yale and Frank Viola of St John’s.

Viola and St John’s won.

yeah, yeah, yeah, and Darling pitched the 7th game of the World Series against the Red Sox. But the biggest game he ever pitched was against my legion team in the state quarters. We lost 2-1. We had a runner on third in the 6th, 7th and 8th with 2 outs. If it had been 1 out, I would have squeezed that run in. Nightmares are down to 1 a week

Viola and St John’s won.

Thanks for the article Tom! I semt it to Jed.

That is so great. I loved "Mr. Boots" when he was running around in his yellow rainboots! Where has the time gone? Congrats to both of you.
Thanks Joyce!! We still talk about how you gave him and I the floor tickets to the SU / Columbia basketball game. It was on a rainy and unseasonably warm night the day after Thanksgiving and he wouldn't come downstairs after he went to get his coat. Turns out he noticed his coat brand was Columbia so he wouldn't wear it. I explained that was a company and not the school bit he didn't care. He went coatless.

Congratulations!! Nothing like having the opportunity to compete athletically at the college level and to top it off by taking advantage of that opportunity to pursue an advanced degree!!

I’m sure he will shine on the Diamond but you should be equally proud that he appears to be taking full advantage of the opportunity he has earned.

Congratulations!! Nothing like having the opportunity to compete athletically at the college level and to top it off by taking advantage of that opportunity to pursue an advanced degree!!

I’m sure he will shine on the Diamond but you should be equally proud that he appears to be taking full advantage of the opportunity he has earned.
Absolutely!! As I have told him since day 1, "Your goal is to always have your GPA higher than your ERA."

I'm sure we all know he'd be wearing orange if it were a possibility. Congrats to you and your son. College baseball is the greatest.

And now George Brown is his pitching coach!!
My son and I were talking about that. My son was friends with George in high school, playing baseball and then CYO basketball. (George for MHR and Sean for St Pat’s) How great for both cousins! Family talent.

Just wanted to share this with everyone who knew him as the little kid in the yellow rain boots. As nice of a kid he is in real life, he is NOT when he is pitching.
Baseball(!). There is something special about it for fathers and sons, and this is another terrific example. Glad to read that Mr. Boots will continue to play. And thank you for sharing! Congratulations.

My son and I were talking about that. My son was friends with George in high school, playing baseball and then CYO basketball. (George for MHR and Sean for St Pat’s) How great for both cousins! Family talent.
George Brown has an impressive resume. Should be a great mentor for Bootsy.

Won't be the first time he has coached pitchers from Syracuse. Saw he coached Jeff Belge, one of my guys from Henninger. Jeff is doing well in the minors and might just make MLB in a year or so.

George Brown has an impressive resume. Should be a great mentor for Bootsy.

Won't be the first time he has coached pitchers from Syracuse. Saw he coached Jeff Belge, one of my guys from Henninger. Jeff is doing well in the minors and might just make MLB in a year or so.

I love Jeff - I bought a hat from his current team. His dad Tom is awesome!! I text him a lot - Jed was on the same combined Syracuse City high school team with Jeff, Jed was a freshman when Jeff was a senior. They are pals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom