Mr. excitement...and our athletic dept | Syracusefan.com

Mr. excitement...and our athletic dept

Jake

Mod
@7:58 left in the game, as ushers were handing out JB "small heads on a stick"...I'm thinking "there's no way they make some sort of announcement", there's still a lot of time and a 17 point lead.

As soon as the thought hits me I hear "ladies and gentleman, be sure to stick around after the game for a brief ceremony celebrating Jim Boeheim's 900th win."

Holy ing disrespectful batman!

Good thing jb was deep in the huddle coaching the team, he would have been pissed.

Sometimes out athletic department is so quick to turn everything into a celebration, they forget important details like waiting until a proper time to make that announcement.

@7:58 left in the game, as ushers were handing out JB "small heads on a stick"...I'm thinking "there's no way they make some sort of announcement", there's still a lot of time and a 17 point lead.

As soon as the thought hits me I hear "ladies and gentleman, be sure to stick around after the game for a brief ceremony celebrating Jim Boeheim's 900th win."

Holy ******* disrespectful batman!

Good thing jb was deep in the huddle coaching the team, he would have been pissed.

Sometimes out athletic department is so quick to turn everything into a celebration, they forget important details like waiting until a proper time to make that announcement.

Right after that, SU stopped scoring. :bang:

Our whole section (123) said, what the hell are they thinking. What disrespect for the visiting team. It almost bit us in the butt.

The SU athletic Dept one step forward and four steps back. Its comical how bad things are run up there when it comes to issues most other athletic departments handle with ease.

UConn won tonight in case you didn't know.

I saw that. I also had a bucket list moment and actually made a Uconn thread. I love it.

F them

I guess our players heard it...because it certainly made them think the game was over and they could just stop playing.

I saw that. I also had a bucket list moment and actually made a Uconn thread. I love it.

F them
I'm sorry to keep this up marsh but it never gets old for me.

How did that timing correlate to when Southerland came out of the game? Serious question; I don't know.

Haven't re-watched, but pretty closely. South and Christmas came out, Coleman and (I think) Grant came in, the lead evaporated.

Also, Mr. Excitement is very bad at what he does. Wish I had some idea what all those people in the athletic department are thinking; they struggle so much on the event presentation side of things. Why invite an enthusiastic high school band and then give them 20 seconds of playing time in the first half?

I could not believe that they were handing out the heads and mini posters with a little under 8 minutes left.

As the score got closer, in jest, I asked a passing SU employee if we would have to give them back if we lost. She responded very seriously, oh no, they are yours to keep.

Everyone within listening range roared.

When it went to single digits I pictured us the laughing stock of the nation if we lost. I also pictured someone getting fired.

jizz-in-my-pants-andy-samberg1.jpg

It definitely started to have the feeling of the champagne in the Red Sox locker room in 1986.

Jake, couldn't agree more. I was sitting with JB's sister, and we were shocked. We turned to each other and said: "Games all over the country have been lost in the final minute with 1o-point leads, what are they thinking?"

Then, something equally as dumb happened. The Post Standard wanted to do a story about Barbara (Jim's younger sister), and a PS photographer had arranged with her to take a picture after the game with her holding a "900!" sign (which she obviously would not hold before the game) . However, some brilliant security dick would not let her step on the floor ... even though we (including the well-known PS photog with press credentials) were all saying: "She's the coach's sister."

Fortunately, we were able to give the sign to Baye Moussa Keita (tallest guy in the Dome) ... so a picture of it appeared on page one of the sports section in today's PS.

Jake, couldn't agree more. I was sitting with JB's sister, and we were shocked. We turned to each other and said: "Games all over the country have been lost in the final minute with 1o-point leads, what are they thinking?"

Then, something equally as dumb happened. The Post Standard wanted to do a little story about Barbara (Jim's younger sister), and a PS photographer had arranged with her to take a picture after the game with her holding a "900!" sign (which she obviously would not hold before the game) . However, some brilliant security dick would not let her step on the floor ... even though we (including the well-known PS photog with press credentials) were all saying: "She's the coach's sister."

Fortunately, we were able to give the sign to Baye Moussa Keita (tallest guy in the Dome) ... so a picture of it appeared on page one of the sports section in today's PS.
Funny story -for what it's worth, the picture with Baye holding it over everyone's heads is fantastic.

Haven't re-watched, but pretty closely. South and Christmas came out, Coleman and (I think) Grant came in, the lead evaporated.

Mr. Excitement is very bad at what he does. Wish I had some idea what all those people in the athletic department are thinking; they struggle so much on the event presentation side of things. Why invite an enthusiastic high school band and then give them 20 seconds of playing time in the first half?
I noticed the rotation thing as well. I've been waiting for someone to mention it. JB pulled MCW when we were up 20+. I thought it was to administer a lecture. Then after a pretty long time on the bench (next to Rak) ... I was thinking..."JB's keeping MCW/Rak out on purpose, to put some game pressure on DC and Grant.' Then BT fouled out and the experiment had to be terminated. Not only was Detroit on a roll but TC had to sub' into a pretty tense situation. Good thing MCW made his free throws.

I noticed the rotation thing as well. I've been waiting for someone to mention it. JB pulled MCW when we were up 20+. I thought it was to administer a lecture. Then after a pretty long time on the bench (next to Rak) ... I was thinking..."JB's keeping MCW/Rak out on purpose, to put some game pressure on DC and Grant.' Then BT fouled out and the experiment had to be terminated. Not only was Detroit on a roll but TC had to sub' into a pretty tense situation. Good thing MCW made his free throws.

I was pretty excited to see Cooney come into an unsettled game situation. Was pretty cool to see how we would perform in a close game.