MSG's Big Decision | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

MSG's Big Decision

But why do you need to have it in one spot every year? That actually could hurt attendance. If you are a fan of ACC school X then would you rather go to Atlanta, Charlotte, and New York once every three years or go to one of those every year? As a fan wouldn't a little variety make the trip more enjoyable? You don't want the location to become stale to a fan. If SU wins the ACC in FB every year then the Orange Bowl becomes a lot less enjoyable. Also using those three spots keeps most schools happy. Atlanta (Clemson, GA Tech, FSU), Charlotte (Clemson, Wake, UNC, Duke, NC St), and NYC (Duke, SU, ND, BC, Pitt). I think it should be kept to 2 or 3 sites but if they also added DC (SU, ND, Pitt, UVA, VT) then that covers every school.

I think you need continuity for the same reason why rivalries work--it takes time and you need to build it up.

Which seems more likely:
1. "Remember at MSG last year, when X did Y? Man, that was awesome."
2. "Remember at MSG 3 years ago, when X did Y? Man, that was awesome."

Everyone keeps using the excuse southern schools, no that is not what the ACC is. You now have Louisville, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Miami, from the Big East, you also have Florida St, Clemson who actually hate anything in North Carolina. The football schools got Louisville in and you can be sure they don't like playing every year in North Carolina giving them home-court for the tournament. The tournament will move or their will be a couple teams leaving the conference, Florida St, Clemson have made it plain that they don't want the conference run by North Carolina anymore.

you ever drive a truck with NY plates thru dixie? i can tell you it's still about 5 birds per block.

The tournament will move or their will be a couple teams leaving the conference, Florida St, Clemson have made it plain that they don't want the conference run by North Carolina anymore.
think about what you are saying for a moment.

if FSU or Clemson move, the location of the basketball tournament will certainly not be the primary, secondary or even tertiary reason.

Greensboro is not okay. It is an absolute dump of a city.

I was always taught to not say anything if I couldn't say something nice. I would not necessarily argue against your view.

As I said in a previous post in this thread, continuity is important. There are a lot of people who like to make their plans far in advance. It's nice to be able to know you are going to the same place every year. It's nice to check out and make reservations for the next year, all at the same time.

And, if they want MSG, they need to strike now. They can't wait for 3-5 years, because it probably won't be available then. MSG has made it known that they want a long-term contract. I just don't think you will get them to bite on an every third year deal. Someone will take the spot.

Personally, I think the Big Priest conference will get MSG, unless the ACC is proactive.