much better than weeks 1 and 2 | Syracusefan.com

much better than weeks 1 and 2

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
A lot to like, a lot to wonder about. Time to focus on Toledo

Agreed-but can we please find a punter! Field position killed us. Someone on campus could certainly do better! Stupid penalties also. Toledo will be tough though.

Worried about the D still ... secondary in particular

Definitely liked the game plan, I just still don't think we have the bodies to make things happen enough.

Definitely liked the game plan, I just still don't think we have the bodies to make things happen enough.
We're back to this, huh?
:bang::bang::bang:

Our secondary was just getting destroyed, and it didn't help that Lyn and Shamarko, and later PT, got injured. If those guys are banged up for any extended time, we are screwed.

Other than that, I was actually relatively pleased with how we performed. Nassib was solid, Lemon was great, and Ant did a decent job with what he was given on offense. We really had a chance to get back into it in the second half, but two plays really changed things: 1) Nassib throwing it away rather than scrambling and picking up four or five yards, which would have made it about 3rd and 3 rather than 3rd and 8. Nassib was sacked next play. 2) The pass to Woods (on USC drive that ended with Reddish getting beat) when he dove and the replay showed the ball clearly hit the ground, but there was no review, and it made it 3rd and 3 (I think) rather than 3rd and 9.

Would a different outcome to those two plays have swung the momentum at all? Maybe the Nassib one, since that was the drive after the Lemon to Chew touchdown and we clearly had a little momentum on our side, but who knows. It's really moot, because you know, ifs and buts and so forth, but still. I would have liked seeing what could have happened had those two scenarios been a little different.

Our secondary was just getting destroyed, and it didn't help that Lyn and Shamarko, and later PT, got injured. If those guys are banged up for any extended time, we are screwed.

Other than that, I was actually relatively pleased with how we performed. Nassib was solid, Lemon was great, and Ant did a decent job with what he was given on offense. We really had a chance to get back into it in the second half, but two plays really changed things: 1) Nassib throwing it away rather than scrambling and picking up four or five yards, which would have made it about 3rd and 3 rather than 3rd and 8. Nassib was sacked next play. 2) The pass to Woods (on USC drive that ended with Reddish getting beat) when he dove and the replay showed the ball clearly hit the ground, but there was no review, and it made it 3rd and 3 (I think) rather than 3rd and 9.

Would a different outcome to those two plays have swung the momentum at all? Maybe the Nassib one, since that was the drive after the Lemon to Chew touchdown and we clearly had a little momentum on our side, but who knows. It's really moot, because you know, ifs and buts and so forth, but still. I would have liked seeing what could have happened had those two scenarios been a little different.
You are 100% right... Those two plays were huge

Hammer. Head. Nail. Anyone who arches this team should see that. Game plan was on...we just don't have the same skill level. It's a process, it takes time. Andca part of that process is:

1. Upgrading facilities
2. Expanding recruiting footprint

Joining the ACC just moved both ofvthose balls forward.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom