Much Respect to the Cuse | Syracusefan.com

Much Respect to the Cuse

MarquetteU

Walk On
Marquette fan here.

I just watched the Requiem documentary, which was very well produced. I was too young to know basketball in the 80s (and mostly all of the 90s as well), but I thought I'd come over and pay some Big East respects to you guys--the rivalry with Georgetown is truly legendary and surely will go down as the greatest in the sport of college basketball.

I wish the documentary had a little more coverage of the 90s and 00s, however. I suppose for old school guys, the 1985 season was the pinnacle of the conference, but for younger guys like me it was the 2010-11 season, where we put 11 teams in the field (which did not please Coach K in the least) and saw a Kemba Walker-led Huskies team through a Big East tournament that was arguably a harder path than the NCAA tournament itself. No conference will ever replicate what the Big East once was and I'm grateful that my school got to share in a piece of its glory, even if it was a very small piece.

Anyways, thought I'd come over and say thanks for the historical base that our conference is trying to build upon and thanks for the great memories of our eight seasons together. Good luck in the tourney and trust that it pleases many of the current Big East schools' fans to see you guys beat Duke--well, for 9 of our 10 fanbases anyway.

Cheers.

I'm also a younger guy, this was the coolest 30 for 39 I've seen... Even without the big east bias... That was epic. I hate that it's over. We will never have something like that again

It was the best 30 for 30 ever. I had a Michigan fan that I work with today tell me that after watching that documentary , he knows why so many of us were so upset about our league breaking up. So many great memories.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom