Mullin out at St. John’s / Mike Anderson hired | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Mullin out at St. John’s / Mike Anderson hired

He has experience pounding the table.
St Johns died the day that the ncaa stopped allowing live-at-homes to collect a housing allowance.

Here's your LIKE for the 'pounding the table' comment. ;)

But also, 100% agree -
SJU had a HUGE competitive advantage back in the day, when they could sign all the best NYC players, and effectively pay them legally due to to the housing stipend thing.

E33711F7-48EC-48FA-AA5E-72A5B6DDAD1E.gif

Here's your LIKE for the 'pounding the table' comment. ;)

But also, 100% agree -
SJU had a HUGE competitive advantage back in the day, when they could sign all the best NYC players, and effectively pay them legally due to to the housing stipend thing.

Interesting, I never heard that, so their kids would live at home but get paid the stipend for housing? I can see that.

If I was Tim Cluess and the Johnnies reached out to me, I’d tell them to geddafugout.

Interesting, I never heard that, so their kids would live at home but get paid the stipend for housing? I can see that.

!00% true. Chris Mullin admitted in an interview that the stipend was why he went to St. John's. I'm sure that it was a recruiting advantage during the Carneseca era.

If I was Tim Cluess and the Johnnies reached out to me, I’d tell them to geddafugout.
Or jack up his request big time. They could probably get Bobby Gonzalez cheap.

Why are the Johnnies not offering Tim Cluess of Iona? He's done a great job there. NCAAT 6 of last 9 years. Plays an uptempo style. And has NY/NJ recruiting ties. Leave it to STJ to make a dumb choice. It's been mostly a wasteland since Louie C retired with his sweater.

Why are the Johnnies not offering Tim Cluess of Iona? He's done a great job there. NCAAT 6 of last 9 years. Plays an uptempo style. And has NY/NJ recruiting ties. Leave it to STJ to make a dumb choice. It's been mostly a wasteland since Louie C retired with his sweater.
Can’t afford his buyout.

You are being too logical, logic is not in their blood