My Biggest Fear - Also I emailed Wildhack and got a response | Syracusefan.com

My Biggest Fear - Also I emailed Wildhack and got a response

mlbball99

2nd String
I know people don't want to read this nor discuss it, but I think its something important to keep in mind. My biggest fear is Texas A&M poaching Dino. I understand A&M is now 5-2 so Sumlin may be off the hot seat, but:

-Dino used to coach there
-Dino's daughter went there
-Dino's daughter married an OL at Texas A&M
-Dino has Texas ties
-Texas A&M would pay top dollar

It all adds up, so I really really hope Wildhack is doing everything he can to keep Dino.

Also FWIW, I emailed Wildhack saying we need to extend Dino. He replied saying "Thanks. Proud and privileged to work at my alma mater. Thank you for your support. Go Orange!"

I know people don't want to read this nor discuss it, but I think its something important to keep in mind. My biggest fear is Texas A&M poaching Dino. I understand A&M is now 5-2 so Sumlin may be off the hot seat, but:

-Dino has Texas ties

It all adds up, so I really really hope Wildhack is doing everything he can to keep Dino.

Also FWIW, I emailed Wildhack saying we need to extend Dino. He replied saying "Thanks. Proud and privileged to work at my alma mater. Thank you for your support. Go Orange!"
Sounds like you got the wrong canned response. Shocked.

A&M Fanbase would lose their collective minds if he would get hired. Also I don’t see it. His offense would just be another one in the big 12, nothing special.

Yeah I’m sleep deprived lol.
But yeah in the SEC it’s going to be hard even with the unquie offense.

Didn't Sumlin get some pretty nasty racially charged letters from fans? Not sure Dino would want any part of that.
Im not sure about racially charged letters, but their board of trustees is full of a bunch on whiney, unprofessional psychos.

Sounds like an out of office reply
Seriously... if you give an out-of-office reply at least make it clear that 1) this is an automated message and 2) you'll follow up when you're back in the office. His message was so vague you don't know if he let an intern write the canned reply... or if it really was an out-of-office response.

What an a-hole. If you didn't notice. The return address is 1 Potomac Houston Texas. Just saying...

-Dino has Texas ties

Dino married an offensive lineman? Love is love is love is love.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't see it said daughter. Oh well. As I said, love is love...

Everyone should worry more about what they can control than what they can't.

Enjoy the rest of the season, nothing will change in our coaching status during that time.

I don't think anything will change after the season either, but I'm certain it won't during the season. This could be the most fun 2nd half of the season we've had since 2012. And before that, all the way back to 2001.

Personally, in 2017 I take absolutely nothing at face value. I could easily see a disgruntled Rutgers fan or UConn fan sending a letter like that to Dino, just to try to stir up controversy. Gotta see a little more evidence before I believe this was from a TA&M fan.

The return address makes me even more suspicious, that is so incredibly stupid it looks like a ham-handed set-up attempt.

He doesn't read all of his e-mails. Neither does Dino. Their mail goes through administrative assistants who are giving out acknowledgement answers. Doesn't mean Wildhack isn't getting your message. He just doesn't have the time to reply.

He doesn't read all of his e-mails. Neither does Dino. Their mail goes through administrative assistants who are giving out acknowledgement answers. Doesn't mean Wildhack isn't getting your message. He just doesn't have the time to reply.

He may have the time but if he's emailed the same question but asked it 50 different ways it's just safer to give someone a canned response.

Enjoy the rest of the season, nothing will change in our coaching status during that time.

I don't think anything will change after the season either, but I'm certain it won't during the season. This could be the most fun 2nd half of the season we've had since 2012. And before that, all the way back to 2001.
To be fair, most of the angst is due to MPTSD (Marrone Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder).
Orange Nation has heard all the cliched platitudes about what great people & fans we have at SU, how this is the perfect, dare I say “Dream job”, and how the AD will “support” the team.
Yet and still we were left at the altar by our best hope at HC since Coach Mac, and an alum at that!
Dino is saying all the right things.
Wildhack is saying all the right things.
Call us cynics, but we’ve seen this movie before. We’re just hoping for a better ending.

Last edited:
To be fair, most of the angst is due to MPTDS (Marrone Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder).
Orange Nation has heard all the cliched platitudes about what great people & fans we have at SU, how this is the perfect, dare I say “Dream job”, and how the AD will “support” the team.
Yet and still we were left at the altar by our best hope at HC since Coach Mac, and an alum at that!
Dino is saying all the right things.
Wildhack is saying all the right things.
Call us cynics, but we’ve seen this movie before. We’re just hoping for a better ending.

But that was for the NFL. If that's where Dino wants to go, and the NFL wants him, then there's nothing we can do. That puts us in the same boat with every single college team. I mean, I mocked the dream job stuff too, because it seemed like he laid it on a little thick, but end of the day it's the NFL.

Until someone leaves us for what they consider a higher profile college school, and we can't/won't pay to keep up, I'm not going to worry about it.

if Babers teaches SU fans/boosters/administrators to understand new ways of doing things aside from what the giants did in the 80s, we'll be fine. hire one of babers assistants, poach an assistant away from his next job. this is nothing against babers but a lot of what we're seeing here is easily replicated if you're not stubbornly attached to outdated thinking

Personally, in 2017 I take absolutely nothing at face value. I could easily see a disgruntled Rutgers fan or UConn fan sending a letter like that to Dino, just to try to stir up controversy. Gotta see a little more evidence before I believe this was from a TA&M fan.

The return address makes me even more suspicious, that is so incredibly stupid it looks like a ham-handed set-up attempt.
the handwriting is too flowery and they spelled you're correctly. statistics show that 104% of racists would write "your"

two big red flags.