My Biggest Fear - Also I emailed Wildhack and got a response | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Biggest Fear - Also I emailed Wildhack and got a response

But that was for the NFL. If that's where Dino wants to go, and the NFL wants him, then there's nothing we can do. That puts us in the same boat with every single college team. I mean, I mocked the dream job stuff too, because it seemed like he laid it on a little thick, but end of the day it's the NFL.

Until someone leaves us for what they consider a higher profile college school, and we can't/won't pay to keep up, I'm not going to worry about it.
Good point. But knowing our fanbase, the MPTSD will continue until Dino retires in 20 years. It just how we roll! ;) :confused: :cool:

well we know he's not going to the NFL. He said in his presser he's never had ANY interest in the NFL.

Everyone should worry more about what they can control than what they can't.

Enjoy the rest of the season, nothing will change in our coaching status during that time.

I don't think anything will change after the season either, but I'm certain it won't during the season. This could be the most fun 2nd half of the season we've had since 2012. And before that, all the way back to 2001.

Exactly! Growing up, my dad could always find the dark side to every situation. Fortunately, my mom was always positive but it still had an effect on me and my brother until we got out of the house. This board sounds like my dad is posting under a ton of different screen names today.

But my goodness, we've had so little to enjoy since the turn of the century, just enjoy the rest of the season while we finally have something to enjoy. As far as the rest of it, I live too far away to attend the games but I'll do what I can to support the program financially and hope others do the same.

Good point. But knowing our fanbase, the MPTSD will continue until Dino retires in 20 years. It just how we roll! ;) :confused: :cool:

Rest assured, if it happens to us, I'll probably end up in some type of therapy or rehab. But I do have full confidence in the man that will be tasked to hire the replacement coach.

Seriously... if you give an out-of-office reply at least make it clear that 1) this is an automated message and 2) you'll follow up when you're back in the office. His message was so vague you don't know if he let an intern write the canned reply... or if it really was an out-of-office response.
I emailed wildhack as well and expressed the same things 2 days ago. I'm not sure if his response was canned. It was vague but was a direct response to what I was saying. His response was "Thank you for the kind letter of support. I want coach babes to be our coach for a long long time." It said it was sent from his iphone.

But that was for the NFL. If that's where Dino wants to go, and the NFL wants him, then there's nothing we can do. That puts us in the same boat with every single college team. I mean, I mocked the dream job stuff too, because it seemed like he laid it on a little thick, but end of the day it's the NFL.

Until someone leaves us for what they consider a higher profile college school, and we can't/won't pay to keep up, I'm not going to worry about it.
I worry about the pac12, but nobody else really.

I can't see him in the b1g (RichRod at M anyone?) nor do I in the bevo...unless he's offered Texas, Oklahoma or Okie St...don't see that happening.

The SEC wouldn't likely be a landing spot either as I can't see the good ole boys wanting a gimmick offense, except at your lower tier schools...but other than a total $$ grab, why go compete for scraps??

I'll just rule out the ACC, which leaves nd and byu...nope and nope.

Its possible they could be talking new contract and/or extension before thanksgiving...and they may have to in order to keep the wolves at bay.

Personally, in 2017 I take absolutely nothing at face value. I could easily see a disgruntled Rutgers fan or UConn fan sending a letter like that to Dino, just to try to stir up controversy. Gotta see a little more evidence before I believe this was from a TA&M fan.

The return address makes me even more suspicious, that is so incredibly stupid it looks like a ham-handed set-up attempt.

More to your point: Look up the address, you will see the Houston Country Club appear.

It is just as likely that a Longhorn fan (just to spite the Aggies) or a TTech grad (not quite good enough to get into Aggieland) or even a Houston fan (bitter over Sumlin leaving) sent this as a genuine Aggie fan.

Regardless, it is in poor taste and if it is real (I have no doubt it is), the police have probably looked in to it.

Pitt beat Clemson at Clemson last year. Nobody came knocking for Narduzzi. We aren't at the point where Dino is sure to bolt after this year.

I worry about the pac12, but nobody else really.

I can't see him in the b1g (RichRod at M anyone?) nor do I in the bevo...unless he's offered Texas, Oklahoma or Okie St...don't see that happening.

The SEC wouldn't likely be a landing spot either as I can't see the good ole boys wanting a gimmick offense, except at your lower tier schools...but other than a total $$ grab, why go compete for scraps??

I'll just rule out the ACC, which leaves nd and byu...nope and nope.

Its possible they could be talking new contract and/or extension before thanksgiving...and they may have to in order to keep the wolves at bay.

Your last line is the most likely scenario. And I could see HCDB making sure his staff gets an increase before he does.

the handwriting is too flowery and they spelled you're correctly. statistics show that 104% of racists would write "your"

two big red flags.
Yes. Another red flag is the return address is a private country club in Houston.

Pitt beat Clemson at Clemson last year. Nobody came knocking for Narduzzi. We aren't at the point where Dino is sure to bolt after this year.

While I agree that this is probably not the year most big name schools would approach HCDB, regarding Narduzzi, he was in year 1, was left a rather nice cupboard full of players and had a great OC. HCDB worked with what he had, recruited what he needs and is building a tough team. The offense is a potent offense and the defense is more than advertised.

Just watched the Paul Finebaum Show on ESPN which his show is more of a SEC show. Paul pretty much said that definitely there is a team going to go after HCDB. I don't know if Babers is ready to leave SU with the unfinished job that he once boasted that he was going to do.

While I agree that this is probably not the year most big name schools would approach HCDB, regarding Narduzzi, he was in year 1, was left a rather nice cupboard full of players and had a great OC. HCDB worked with what he had, recruited what he needs and is building a tough team. The offense is a potent offense and the defense is more than advertised.
LSU came knocking for their OC.
You guys know your college football. I never understod how Pitt did so well (especially over SU) the past decade with their coaching carousel. They've had 4 coaches from 2010 onwards - 7 if you include interim coaches - and they've recriuted well and gone bowling every year.
Meanwhile SU was mired in our post 20th century stupor. Nortice how I said "was." The new era is here. I feel we can compete now w/the mature brand of coaching Babers manifests. And that Sean Edinger is his right-hand man. You see him everywhere on the field and off. I've never seen a strength coach so involved with the program on the sidelines. He's been w/Babers since E. Illinois. Syracuse University Athletics - Staff Directory

Just watched the Paul Finebaum Show on ESPN which his show is more of a SEC show. Paul pretty much said that definitely there is a team going to go after HCDB. I don't know if Babers is ready to leave SU with the unfinished job that he once boasted that he was going to do.

SEC teams think they can get anyone they want, recruits/coaches/AD's - and they are right about that some of the time. But I think a lot of coaches are loathe to enter into a commitment where you're up against Saban every year AND the fans expect you to win vs him most of the time. That's why those teams are all going backwards.

He isn't going anywhere. Listen, upsets happen in CFB and that was freaking awesome. But the job is nowhere close to done here.

7-5 people may come calling... but we aren't at the where's he going or remotely close to it yet.

Besides, unless the offer is stellar AND big money why even consider a move? The changes are in place and the strategy is working. The defense is as fun to play as the offense. Recruiting will get easier and the Dome is perfect weather for this offense (how many of us have stated this over the decades?).

HCDB will stay. Syracuse will renegotiate the contract. The staff will get better pay. The Orange will win more games.

I just finished watching the postgame interviews he did with the national press. This guy is going to be tough to hold on to. He might not pay any attention but he's going to get some major offers in the offseason.

the handwriting is too flowery and they spelled you're correctly. statistics show that 104% of racists would write "your"

two big red flags.

I think your wrong about this.

Personally, in 2017 I take absolutely nothing at face value. I could easily see a disgruntled Rutgers fan or UConn fan sending a letter like that to Dino, just to try to stir up controversy. Gotta see a little more evidence before I believe this was from a TA&M fan.

The return address makes me even more suspicious, that is so incredibly stupid it looks like a ham-handed set-up attempt.

I take great exception with your comments on the RU and UConn fan bases there. It's one thing to have off color twitter comments but to say that they would write a nasty, racist letter like that to Babers to "stir the pot" takes things too far.
What if I wrote "I could see SyraLove85 sending a letter like that to coach as a fan from a school that he might interview at hoping to keep him." Doesn't feel very good to read that, does it.
It takes a special kind of person to send the coach of a football team (or any person but we're talking sports related issues) a letter like that. It takes a special kind of person to think that a fan base you don't like would write something like that for nothing more than to "stir the pot". It's sad that your mind works that way.

I take great exception with your comments on the RU and UConn fan bases there. It's one thing to have off color twitter comments but to say that they would write a nasty, racist letter like that to Babers to "stir the pot" takes things too far.
What if I wrote "I could see SyraLove85 sending a letter like that to coach as a fan from a school that he might interview at hoping to keep him." Doesn't feel very good to read that, does it.
It takes a special kind of person to send the coach of a football team (or any person but we're talking sports related issues) a letter like that. It takes a special kind of person to think that a fan base you don't like would write something like that for nothing more than to "stir the pot". It's sad that your mind works that way.

Probably fair regarding Rutgers, since you’re more likely to meet the Easter bunny than a Rutgers fan. Hard for a non-existent person to write a letter.

However, I had twenty year old UConn fans threaten to beat up my 75 year old father at a Big East tourney years ago. I also got threatened by UConn fans at a football game at the Rent, as well as having beer bottles broken behind my tires so I might run over them and end up with flat tires. There are absolutely some UConn fans that are decent human beings - but they are also have the largest percentage of vile and despicable fans of any school I’ve ever had any dealing with. It would actually not shock me even a tiny little bit to find out a UConn fan did something like this, because they have a lot of “special”fans.

So kindly **** off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom