My biggest frustration this game (besides the refs) | Syracusefan.com

My biggest frustration this game (besides the refs)

orangepassion

Nunzio Prophet
We totally forgot about out best Offensive player this year in the 2nd half-Rakeem Christmas. The whole 2nd half I'm screaming "Get the ball to Christmas" and everyone is touching it but him.

Rak really started forcing the issue in the 2nd half and made some really bad plays. The turnover where instead of kicking the oreb back out he dribbled in a circle comes to mind. And the forced runner that missed.

But gotta give some credit to Nova, they really turned up the D in the 2nd half. Nothing came easy to us.

Rak really started forcing the issue in the 2nd half and made some really bad plays. The turnover where instead of kicking the oreb back out he dribbled in a circle comes to mind. And the forced runner that missed.

But gotta give some credit to Nova, they really turned up the D in the 2nd half. Nothing came easy to us.

I can't go there. I can't get past the refs.

Weird game for Rakeem. Not one of his best; didn't seem to be in a rhythm. He made pretty much every shot he could, but he forced a couple, made some bad turnovers, and didn't get to a few important rebounds.

When they backed off on the heavy full court pressure, we had to rely more on our half court offense.

In the second half we did seem to go away from getting him touches in the areas where he excels offensively.

I recall G trying once to feed the post and the defender intercepted it about a millisecond after it left his hands. He does not feed the post well.

The few times he was posting up in the second half from what I noticed, Ochefu was destroying him - very aggressive with the overplay. Our guards aren't quite confident enough (G/Joseph) to feed the post in those situations. Surprised no foul was called on one in particular.

In quite a few instances in the second half it seemed like we were going to try exploiting Cooney getting overplayed by having Rak start out at the three point line with the ball. When Cooney didn't get open though we just kept doing it. It seemed to stall the offense a bit. Cooney would run around trying to get open (to his credit), and everyone else just stood around kind of hanging him out to dry.

As far as that one play where he could have kicked it out - would like to have seen a replay on that. It looks like Rak just had a bout of temporary insanity...did want to see how he ended up on the floor though.

Last edited:
lol...it was brutal. Those two usually connect on that - Cooney made a great catch.

I had baby and posting on forum at the same time brain... i thought when you said the gbinje pass that was intercepted... i just stopped reading and assumed you were talking about the gbinje pass to cooney that was intercepted for an easy dunk.

my bad.

I had baby and posting on forum at the same time brain... i thought when you said the gbinje pass that was intercepted... i just stopped reading and assumed you were talking about the gbinje pass to cooney that was intercepted for an easy dunk.

my bad.

Ohhhh, we had a few bad passes. l0l

That was Joseph...that was may be the worst pass of the year. That thing was so telegraphed Jay Wright could have changed into a Nova uniform and run onto the court and still got there in time to intercept it before it got to Cooney!

Ohhhh, we had a few bad passes. l0l

That was Joseph...that was may be the worst pass of the year. That thing was so telegraphed Jay Wright could have changed into a Nova uniform and run onto the court and still got there in time to intercept it before it got to Cooney!

I really try to stay calm and keep things in perspective much better than I used to when my family wouldn't even watch games with me. Kaleb showed tremendous improvement yesterday and I was really encouraged overall, but that pass made me use language I really try not to use anymore.

I really try to stay calm and keep things in perspective much better than I used to when my family wouldn't even watch games with me. Kaleb showed tremendous improvement yesterday and I was really encouraged overall, but that pass made me use language I really try not to use anymore.

I had your back on that ... :rolleyes:

edit: I hate that pass, parallel to the foul line, across the face of the D. When I was coaching and a kid did that in practice, I'd bring everybody back, set it up again, and show them how the defender, playing "jump to the ball" position, actually has a better line to the ball than does the target. The target has to flash high in that situation (and he has to learn to recognize it). Then every time anyone did it after that, we'd run suicides.

Last edited:

I agree with you about Rak forcing the issue in the 2nd half, but I think that's because he was so rarely touching the ball, he felt he had to do something when he finally got it, not knowing if/when he'd get it again.

hard to be effective when a 7ft oaf is assaulting non-stop you with impunity

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom