My book has LSU -24.5 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My book has LSU -24.5

I think the strength of our defense is stopping the run... Not sure how good teams we have played are at running the football, but we haven't given up many yards or big plays in general. Most of our defensive breakdowns have been in the secondary. Maybe LSU will not be able to take advantage of that. We will see if our D is for real this week.

Really curious to see their passing game because it has not impressed me all that much. I know you can say that they might not 'need' to pass against SU, but they have to show me something on offense other than Guice.

LSU has 37 team receptions (11 players)
SU has 83 team receptions (12 players, Ish with 34 himself)

Really curious to see their passing game because it has not impressed me all that much. I know you can say that they might not 'need' to pass against SU, but they have to show me something on offense other than Guice.

LSU has 37 team receptions (11 players)
SU has 83 team receptions (12 players, Ish with 34 himself)

Agreed. LSU is a ground and pound team. If Syracuse can get a lead, playing catch-up will be harder for LSU. The real issue is how well our D can stop that O-Line and Guice.

Part of me doesn't believe LSU covers.
But another part of me worries that Matt Canada is going to channel 2016 and get their offense back on track.

LSU doesn't have a quarterback. I don't care how good of a coordinator you are, if you don't have a guy that can sling the rock. Zach Mahoney may be better than who they have under the center. Pitt had Nathan Peterman, who threw for over 5,000 yards the last two seasons.

LSU doesn't have a quarterback. I don't care how good of a coordinator you are, if you don't have a guy that can sling the rock. Zach Mahoney may be better than who they have under the center. Pitt had Nathan Peterman, who threw for over 5,000 yards the last two seasons.

This has been LSU's problem since like 2004.

LSU is still just a play action team with athletes who can run.. no real solid passing scheme behind it.. you need to get some pressure on the QB and make them pass when you want them too

I was watching some of the replay of the Miss St - LSU game. They mentioned that Dave Aranda's D @ LSU is not the same D he ran at Wisconsin. This D is much simpler and less sophisticated. The Tigers were there own worst enemy on D against Miss St, one stupid penalty after another. LSU is amongst the most penalized teams in football. LSU often looked sloppy out of position.

LSU is favored by 24.5 yet their offense only averages 17.0/game. They rely on the running game but their best run from scrimmage this season is 25 yards, and they played Chattanooga.

However, LSU is coming off a beatdown so they're going to want to show everyone who they really are this Saturday. That part concerns me. That and their size.

Syracuse D gave up 30 and lost to a team averaging 4.5 points in its two other games. Egads.

This has been LSU's problem since like 2004.

Jamarcus Russell led them to a national championship in 2005. Mettenberger was serviceable. They've really whiffed on the position as of late.

Syracuse D gave up 30 and lost to a team averaging 4.5 points in its two other games. Egads.

Stockstill did not play against Minnesota. He cracked his collarbone and separated his collarbone from his sternum against Syracuse. The medical staff doped him up so that he could finish the game.

EDIT: He cracked his sternum and separated his collarbone from his sternum.

(My edit privileges seem to have been revoked)

MTSU
rush avg 1.9 vs vandy, 2.8 vs SU, 3.1 vs Minn.. not much to separate that

pass they had avg 5.4 vs Vandy 7.5 vs SU 4.4 vs Minn.

so they threw it a bit better against us, the completely changed the scheme in out game since the QB was getting killed the first 2 games. Of course he got hurt against us and managed to finish the game and not play at all against Minn which completly changed that game

We gifted them 9 pts vandy/Minn had no TO's

on Defense
Vandy was 71/296 for 367
Su was 126/182 for 308
Minn 221/122 for 343

pretty much a wash,, Our D had those 2 drives in the 3rd after the muffed punt, and other than that they couldnt move against us Either.

Oh Well wasted effort.

Stockstill didn't play against Minn due to injury. Stockstill is MTSU's entire offense, they've never cracked 100 yards rushing this season. And as for scoring only 6 on Vandy? Well it appears that might be the best Vandy team in our lifetime.

Regardless, LSU's elephants are bigger than our elephants. Their RBs are bigger than our RBs, their LBs are bigger than our LBs, etc. I'm just hoping for a respectable showing that we can be proud of. That and no injuries.

ML is out. Its around Syracuse +1200. That equates to about an 8% chance to win outright.

I know, my man. I think we win though, and I'm a gambler. They told me Trump had no chance, and I made a killing. Been around the block a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom