My codolences, Syracuse. | Syracusefan.com

My codolences, Syracuse.

UNC Blue

Walk On
Total screw job by refs on you tonight. Unbelievable.

On the other hand, now you are in the ACC, now you are one of us... you have had a game taken from you and given to dook by the refs.

UNC players, fans, writers, all over twitter talking about how you just got shafted.

Last edited:
I

On the other hand, now you are in the ACC, now you are one of us... you have had a game taken from you and given to dook by the refs.

UNC players, fans, writers, all over twitter talking about how you just got shafted.
I'm glad I'm not being subjective.

What's funny is, I think a lot of ACC fans have been secretly hoping for something like that to happen to us, but now that it has, I'm thinking it will actually be very galvanizing as you suggest.

We're a true member now.

Boeheim on post-game radio (paraphrasing): "There's a new rule on charges, they didn't apply it -- it's either a block or a play-on -- and they called it differently against our guy in the first half."

It's a matter of consistency. If G gets called for a block leading an and-1 (when he was literally there for at least a second), then that has to be a block too.

Bingo. Duke getting so many touch fouls at the rim - Grant got fouled HARD multiple times, no calls each and every time.

We have position - foul on us. They have position - foul on us. It made no sense. Whatsoever.

What's funny is, I think a lot of ACC fans have been secretly hoping for something like that to happen to us, but now that it has, I'm thinking it will actually be very galvanizing as you suggest.

We're a true member now.

I can't speak for everyone, but I didn't WANT it to happen to you. I was waiting for it TO happen to you, so you could understand and believe what we have been telling you.

I can't speak for everyone, but I didn't WANT it to happen to you. I was waiting for it TO happen to you, so you could understand and believe what we have been telling you.
We believed. We just didn't think it would be this blatant.

Tony Greene, same ref that made a couple of phantom calls against Carolina at FSU.

Were the refs this bad in the Big East?

While I thought we did get screwed by the refs, I'm not convinced that they cost us the game. It would have been nice to see how it played out with the same calls going each way.

BOEHEIM-ANGRY.gif

You probably wont appreciate this, but I actually like your fans and Duke's fans. I realize you hate each other, but you don't know what we've been dealing with in the Big East as far as fan bases. Oh wait, never mind, you've had NC State fans.

You guys Rak!

A photo has surfaced of Fair actually standing out of bounds upon catching the pass. The refs kept the possession alive for us by blowing a call.

Bingo. Duke getting so many touch fouls at the rim - Grant got fouled HARD multiple times, no calls each and every time.

We have position - foul on us. They have position - foul on us. It made no sense. Whatsoever.

Christmas got fouled also on his late dunk, it's why he held his arms up and stared at the ref for a moment...another no call for the Dookies. :mad:

You probably wont appreciate this, but I actually like your fans and Duke's fans. I realize you hate each other, but you don't know what we've been dealing with in the Big East as far as fan bases. Oh wait, never mind, you've had NC State fans.

Browsing the NC State board tonight, some posters there are convinced that the horrific officiating against Syracuse tonight is the ACC trying to cover its tracks after gifting you the game against NC State last week. I feel bad for people that actually believe that tin foil stuff.

Cuse and Duke may have a rivalry emerging, but I see Syracuse and UNC as allies. Glad to have you in the conference, and I'm embarrassed about the way you all were treated tonight. Jimmy B isn't going to get shafted without a fight, though. Love his energy.

lol That's right, you guys know what state fans are like. :rolling:

I think both calls were correctly made. That was a charge by CJ and it was not a foul by Xmas on the blocked dunk at the dome. The biggest issue I have is that there was inconsistency in this game: they called Mike G for a block on an identical play earlier and reversed the call on CJ.

It is a fact of life that home teams get some calls, especially in the ACC. We were aware of this going in. Shoot 41% and you win, ya know?

Browsing the NC State board tonight, some posters there are convinced that the horrific officiating against Syracuse tonight is the ACC trying to cover its tracks after gifting you the game against NC State last week. I feel bad for people that actually believe that tin foil stuff.

Cuse and Duke may have a rivalry emerging, but I see Syracuse and UNC as allies. Glad to have you in the conference, and I'm embarrassed about the way you all were treated tonight. Jimmy B isn't going to get shafted without a fight, though. Love his energy.

This is how rivalries start. We will never be Duke/UNC - but I think Syracuse and Louisville (and Pitt to a lesser extent) are going to make the ACC a lot of fun. And you don't have to play a team 100+ times to be rivals. Except for NC State. They will never our rival, just something to swat away.

+1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom