My Dilemma… | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Dilemma…

I feel like i do it every single game so am well practiced. just turn everything off (because even hearing that i get a text gives some inkling that something is happening that's worthy of comment) and make sure all tvs are turned to hgtv before they're turned off (so if they're turned ON before i watch, there are no scrolling spoilers, news updates, etc that could blow it). the only problem games have been the ones on espn3 only, but that's just been 2 or 3 for me.
I know what you mean about texts. I can tell by the sound of the alert that it's not good news . . . .

I removed myself from my first anniversary dinner right as the main course was being served, to go watch the last 5 minutes of the SU-ND game a few years ago... Wives get over sh!.

I say, Game, concert late.

Noexcuse said:
At least Billy Joel has an honorary degree from SU and donates to the University. As an Alum he will probably be following the game himself and will likely hold off coming on stage until the game is over. I think you're good.
Lol! Btw I'd just dvr the game and avoid all contact. Just leave your phone at home

this one's actually easy. go to the concert.

if we win, there's another (better) game tomorrow. if we lose, you didn't want to watch that anyway.

now, you can enhance the plan by DVRing, turning your phone/car radio off and watching when you get home. I'd do that...but if you don't, not the end of the world on this one.
Wait...you're using common sense.
Are you sure you're on the right board?
This is for people who actually wear orange to work this time of year.
(Not that I would indulge in such a thing, mind you...).

Wait...you're using common sense.
Are you sure you're on the right board?
This is for people who actually wear orange to work this time of year.
(Not that I would indulge in such a thing, mind you...).
if this was a different medium of communication, your note would compel me to take my first ever selfie and show that i'm wearing an su polo at work today.

I know what you mean about texts. I can tell by the sound of the alert that it's not good news . . . .
yeah, i never text or talk on the phone...so the only reason somebody would text me is to say "jesus we suck!" or "F YEAH!". The widest range of options is between those so if i hear something, it's essentially a spoiler.

I've done this before man its difficult but if you pull it off its worth it IMO.
Come watch the game at Riverfront Tavern with the Cuse group. We should have a decent crowd, the owner is giving 10% off if you wear a Cuse shirt and it's only 5 blocks from Bridgestone Arena.

Go to the concert, but I've been trying to give this advice to people for years, but many in my circle don't listen. When you get your new calendar each year, immediately cross out certain dates on January 2nd. For me I immediately cross out ACCT, first 2 days of NCAA's, and write in all known football game dates and hoops dates. I'll even cross out days like "Masters Sunday" or "Yankees opening day" It doesn't mean I can't schedule anything to replace those days, but I'll have to see those events before I decide to trump them.

I do the same thing and have been pretty successful in avoiding conflicts since I started doing it.

Come watch the game at Riverfront Tavern with the Cuse group. We should have a decent crowd, the owner is giving 10% off if you wear a Cuse shirt and it's only 5 blocks from Bridgestone Arena.

She wants to go to big river. So I think we decided to watch the game and eat there. Then we will probably head to Bridgestone at 7:30. I'll watch the end of the game at home.

Go to the concert, but I've been trying to give this advice to people for years, but many in my circle don't listen. When you get your new calendar each year, immediately cross out certain dates on January 2nd. For me I immediately cross out ACCT, first 2 days of NCAA's, and write in all known football game dates and hoops dates. I'll even cross out days like "Masters Sunday" or "Yankees opening day" It doesn't mean I can't schedule anything to replace those days, but I'll have to see those events before I decide to trump them.

I still would have booked the show and taken my changes that we had a day game.

"Skip the concert..."

--said no surviving (let alone happily) married man, ever.

Respect to a committed SU fan--but I hope you don't give people advice for a living.

I personally would never skip the concert, my wife would kill me. But then again I would never schedule anything in March on possible game days. ;)

I have Directv so the watch ESPN app won't help. How do you get the Directv app to work when you are not home?
Pretty sure you can't. I think you need to be on the same wireless network. At least that's how it is for mine.

I think the ACC has an App, no?

I have Directv so the watch ESPN app won't help. How do you get the Directv app to work when you are not home?

If you need a watchespn log in, let me know

So several months ago I purchased Billy Joel tickets for tonight. At the time I had no idea what time we would be playing tonight (in fact I don’t think it even dawned on me that the ACCT was the same weekend). Got them the day they went on sale as naturally growing up on Long Island I am a pretty bill Billy Joel fan and this might be my last opportunity to see him in concert (who knows if he will tour to Nashville again). When I moved down here I just missed out on seeing Paul McCartney.

So… the concert starts at 8:00 PM Central Time, our game starts at 6:00 central time. Obviously we need to eat before the concert and arrive before 8:00 so that only leaves me with a few of options.

1. Try to get downtown before 6:00 and find something to eat at a place which has the game on. Probably miss most of the 2nd half catch the rest on DVR.

2. Try to avoid any live contact with the game and eat somewhere without a TV. Then catch the game in its entity after the concert on DVR.

3. Risk getting in serious trouble with the Wife and screw it watch the entire game and head to the concert late.

What do you think? Am I missing any other possible options here?

You have no choice it is DVR for you.

I have seen Billy Joel many times. Alone and with Elton John. Great concert. BUT the first time I saw him was in Syracuse. Between that fact and the fact that has been pointed out that he has an honorary degree, you are good. Seeing Billy Joel is like seeing Syracuse. Or Billy Joel = home game!! If you start playing with fire (pun sort of) we will lose. Make plans like this...have to go through with it.

I'd go the DVR route. As soon as the concert was over, I'd place my fingers in my ears and say, "La la la, I can't hear you," until I got home to watch the game.

My other option would be don't watch it and catch highlights if we win. If we lose, you didn't want to watch it anyway, and, if we win, we'll play again tomorrow.

She wants to go to big river. So I think we decided to watch the game and eat there. Then we will probably head to Bridgestone at 7:30. I'll watch the end of the game at home.
Enjoy. Based on last year, we will likely have good crowd for every game from here til the end of the season, come join if you get a chance.

I sympathize with you. I have tickets to see the Book of Mormon tonight at 8:00 @ Proctor's in Schenectady with dinner @6:00 at few doors away from Proctor's. Friends bought the tickets last fall and selected a Friday night during March Madness to my dismay. I hope to avoid the score and watch it on DVR when I get home. Going to be a late night.

you need some new friends

i live by 1 rule in life. Syracuse athletics #1 everything else 2nd.

my family knows the drill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom