My email to Mark Coyle | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My email to Mark Coyle

Whoa this thread is harsh. Btw, isn't James' middle name Arthur?

I wish I had my old email exchanges with Jake (the AD, not the board legend). He responded to every single one, and they were always detailed, thoughtful responses.

Always appreciated that about him, and often let him know that.

I wish I had my old email exchanges with Jake (the AD, not the board legend). He responded to every single one, and they were always detailed, thoughtful responses.

Always appreciated that about him, and often let him know that.

I got a response from Jake too.

Mark,

Thanks for suggesting Hunter Green for a spray paint choice in covering "Men" in the end zone.

BTW, I heard a D2 school is scraping their Astroturf after the season and it is a blank slate. I'm going buy it and use the end zones for the Dome and lay the rest up at Skytop for the softball team. Thanks for the carton of Marlboro Reds for my birthday.

Best
Jake

1536965409513.jpg
Soda out my nose on that one

Someone should email Coyle a thank you. Hiring Babers was the best thing we’ve done in a long time. I was pumped when we got him... because we finally got a coach with hc experience, glad I wasn’t proved wrong

Last edited:
Obviously don't think this had any bearing on his decision-Who knows if he even read it? I never heard back from him. But in the slight chance anyone is interested, this way my email to him 11/23/15.

Mr. Coyle,

Thank you for making the difficult, but necessary move to bring in a new Head Coach. I am a huge SU fan and am sure you have certain names in mind for the position. I just wanted to put in a plug for Dino Babers. He runs a very exciting offense, and most importantly, has demonstrated proven Head Coaching success at both turning around a team at the FCS level and having remarkable success at the FBS level the past 2 years. His Offense would light up the Dome and bring in the fans. He is an Art Briles disciple, who turned around Baylor and showed that a private school without recent success could play with anybody in the country and be incredibly exciting at the same time. Please due your diligence on him and other similar guys who have shown HC success at the FBS level

Thanks and looking forward to your continued success!
I was so disappointed when Boheim, Babars and Wildhak all took out restraining orders against me.

I’m not allowed within 50 feet of them and also not allowed any contact via text, phone or email.

The good news is that I got to keep my job as spell checker for all uniforms, both active and retired.

I was so disappointed when Boheim, Babars and Wildhak all took out restraining orders against me.

I’m not allowed within 50 feet of them and also not allowed any contact via text, phone or email.

The good news is that I got to keep my job as spell checker for all uniforms, both active and retired.
Buddy says “Thank you!”.

Believe it or not, but back in the day I sent him a few emails and got responses. The same with Gross.

He responded to me as well, same day. I was amazed. It was not a canned couple of lines either, there was thought to his (or his secretaries) response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom