My Expectations for This Week | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Expectations for This Week

GreedyOptimisticHarborseal-max-1mb.gif

Orange teams of the recent past, IMO, have had a tendency to get cocky after winning just a game or two. Will be an interesting statement tomorrow to see if the new coaches have impacted that culture. I hope we see the lunchbox over the hypebox tomorrow and sustained improvement. The old saying, most football teams make the most improvement from game 1 to game 2 doesn't seem to apply to us given the 1-5 recent record. Hopefully, the boys just do what they need to do, take care of business and get out without anymore injuries.

And, for the record, I hate having these negative thoughts but I suppose that's what 20 yrs of bad to mediocre football does to you. This team feels exciting and I want to believe...

Is it negative? Or, simply realism based upon, as you mentioned, what the past 20 years or so has been like relative to SU football? IMO, it's realistic, real world stuff, vs. the "hypebox" one game whirlwind tizzy that has transpired here since Saturday night.

Hopefully, after Saturday night that 1-5 record has improved so that next Saturday's Purdue game indeed has all of the deserving excitement, etc. and helps us get that home crowd North of 40K.

I'm cautiously guarded at this point. Although, not the same scale, this game brings a bit of that Maryland concern for me and how quickly hope, excitement, etc. can quickly become derailed as an SU football fan.

First, I won't believe. So there.

Second, they literally have one playmaker. 1! and he's not a QB. If we can't stop a running back from running all over us, then we deserve to lose.

First, I won't believe. So there.

Second, they literally have one playmaker. 1! and he's not a QB. If we can't stop a running back from running all over us, then we deserve to lose.

Yeah, and even if we have to load the box to shut down their RB, I’d still feel pretty comfy having G-Dub & Duce manned up on an island all game vs. UCann’t WR’s.

Force their noob Frosh QB to beat you with his throwing.
Dude has 3 INT’s in 2 games vs meh D’s. I’d be kinda surprised if we don’t get 2 or more against him ourselves.

Is it negative? Or, simply realism based upon, as you mentioned, what the past 20 years or so has been like relative to SU football? IMO, it's realistic, real world stuff, vs. the "hypebox" one game whirlwind tizzy that has transpired here since Saturday night.

Hopefully, after Saturday night that 1-5 record has improved so that next Saturday's Purdue game indeed has all of the deserving excitement, etc. and helps us get that home crowd North of 40K.

I'm cautiously guarded at this point. Although, not the same scale, this game brings a bit of that Maryland concern for me and how quickly hope, excitement, etc. can quickly become derailed as an SU football fan.

This take isn't going to age well.

No offense, orangecuse -- but after Saturday, put away the doom-n-gloom sandwich board.

This take isn't going to age well.

No offense, orangecuse -- but after Saturday, put away the doom-n-gloom sandwich board.

It seems like some posters want to hedge their bets so no matter what happens on Saturday they can say “I told you so” after the game.

It seems like some posters want to hedge their bets so no matter what happens on Saturday they can say “I told you so” after the game.

Orangecuse is a great poster -- I'm not trying to criticize his take, I just think it's an odd hill to die on after last week's performance, the number of returning starters we have, etc.

I get that people are beaten down from nearly two decades of sustained subpar football -- but we're allowed to have good things.

And uconn blows.

Our team speed is going to give them fits … after watching the Louisville D last night totally shutdown UCF after halftime was impressive. Louisville’s D really had their hands full with our O. I just can’t see UConn having much luck slowing us down.

Our team speed is going to give them fits … after watching the Louisville D last night totally shutdown UCF after halftime was impressive. Louisville’s D really had their hands full with our O. I just can’t see UConn having much luck slowing us down.
The refs took 2 UCF touchdowns off the board.

Are you talking about SWC? He always does a post on why we'll win and a post on why the opponent will win. He even does it when we play FCS schools. It's a tradition, not a hedge.

They wouldn't have gotten the TD's without the penalties. They also cost Louisville a score by not calling an obvious targeting call.

Seriously just stop actually watch the games and take a 5 spot out of your wallet and buy a clue. Those penalties should have been called especially the hold on the last one … I know you like being contrarian but it’s old.

They wouldn't have gotten the TD's without the penalties. They also cost Louisville a score by not calling an obvious targeting call.
UCF QB missed a wide open receiver standing on the goal line on the last play of the game. He never saw him and chose to throw into double coverage and it got picked.

UCF QB missed a wide open receiver standing on the goal line on the last play of the game. He never saw him and chose to throw into double coverage and it got picked.
And???? Happens all the time … receivers get missed. Should we go back and adjust the scores of the games where a guy wasn’t thrown to when wide open?

And???? Happens all the time … receivers get missed. Should we go back and adjust the scores of the games where a guy wasn’t thrown to when wide open?
And nothing. Just pointing out that happens in every game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom