My Goodness, this is heartbreaking | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

My Goodness, this is heartbreaking

Damn I wish I could delete this thread, wasn't looking for it to be a politics debate... My apologies BBall board.

halfmoon wins the politicization award

congrats, I hope you didn't trip over any dead children in your rush to score a petty point

Politics aside, your choice of language is appalling. Your point is so monumental that it warrants denigrating the loss of so many innocent lives?

There definitely needs to be either an all-out ban on automatic weapons, or a strict testing system to weed out some of the unbalanced.

Personally, I think many gun owners are very scared people. And most are racists, too, for some reason. But I also respect hunters, and the core principle (originally) of the Second Amendment. Boars and bears and big cats (and now giant snakes in Florida) do kill people. And venison is valid protein.

So confusing...

But if you own a gun, and STILL don't have peace of mind, what then?

I'd rant on, but I have some regulatory thing with my truck to take care of...

It's amazing how one thread can cause you to lose respect for some many posters - on both sides of this debate. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. What a horrific day.

Best comment I've read thus far.

As a father to a 5 year old son, I can't even imagine going to his school under these conditions only to have someone tell me that I have to go to another room so they can talk to me, I'd lose my damn mind. My heart goes out to anyone that has to face this, this is a nightmare that you will have to carry with you for the rest of your life.

Damn I wish I could delete this thread, wasn't looking for it to be a politics debate... My apologies BBall board.

No apology needed. Your thread was about the kids and the tragedy. And while this is the basketball board and not the OT board, some topics are just bigger than any board. There was NO problem you posting it here vs the OT board that has 1/10 the visitors.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The guns belonged to his parents.
It will be interesting to see how that particular swerve tempers the discourse. It really isn't that odd at all, but I bet most were bracing for a quite different source of firearms.
Then again, there are stories out there all over the map so who knows whats what. My God, shooting 5 yr olds with automatic weapons point blank range. It's so bizarre a concept that it almost doesn't seem real.

Society is part of the problem, but there is no way to fix society.

There is not a way to I agree, but it DOES get fixed. Compare 15000bc to today, get my point. Compare society in the US from 1850 to 1880 to 1940 to today. No comparison.
It is gradual, and often goes backwards, and often seems hard to see so close to the ground, but there is something driving society towards "getting better".

No apology needed. Your thread was about the kids and the tragedy. And while this is the basketball board and not the OT board, some topics are just bigger than any board. There was NO problem you posting it here vs the OT board that has 1/10 the visitors.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dude, any thread involving guns is going to devolve into this. Every single time. So if your cool with people posting breaking news like this on the main sports boards, you are willing to accept the threads are going to devolve into hot messes like this one. Don't come on and act shocked and disappointed when it happens BECAUSE IT HAPPENS AND WILL HAPPEN EVERY ING TIME. Basically what I'm taking from your response here is you're fine with threads like this as long as you can come in late and act shocked and disappointed about it, so really there's not much point to an OT board.

Dude, any thread involving guns is going to devolve into this. Every single time. So if your cool with people posting breaking news like this on the main sports boards, you are willing to accept the threads are going to devolve into hot messes like this one. Don't come on and act shocked and disappointed when it happens BECAUSE IT HAPPENS AND WILL HAPPEN EVERY ******* TIME. Basically what I'm taking from your response here is you're fine with threads like this as long as you can come in late and act shocked and disappointed about it, so really there's not much point to an OT board.

How was this a mess? Because people expressed a viewpoint with which you don't agree?

I live near Newtown, too, and have many friends there. My heart and prayers go out to everyone in Newtown.

I am renting my Danbury home but am in Richmond now. I lived in Westchester county / Danbury ever since graduating from Syracuse in '79. I used to go to church in Bethel which is only 5 minutes from Newtown. I was pretty scared today watching tv hoping I didn't know the shooter or someone that was killed, cause it definitely could have happened. Pastors from our church today were on scene at the firehouse where the families were. I am so very, very sick about this, it is absolutely terrible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom