My hope | Syracusefan.com

My hope

Hoov50

Starter
As a coach, although we have now practiced for 6 weeks and only played one game due to flooding, I hope Coach Marrone did what I would have done. As a coach when we are gearing up for a big game and are playing a weaker team the week before the big game we will discretely start prepping for the big game. What I mean by discretely is we will work against formations of the tougher opponent for two weeks, but not come right out and tell the players that they are for two weeks down the road.

A lot of times this can lead to a less than stellar victory against the weaker team, but it can lead to a better than expected performance against the better team. I have also seen this completely backfire on a team and lead to two losses!

It is my hope that the combination of prepping for USC and the "unknown" factor of Rhode Island (since they hadn't played a game yet) led to the less than stellar victory against URI. I also hope it will lead to a better performance against USC.

Of course there are a lot of things that need to be improved that had nothing to do with prep, like poor blocking and tackling.

yup.. I hope he said to himself I know we will struggle on 3rd and one so lets starts struggling against it now..

yup.. I hope he said to himself I know we will struggle on 3rd and one so lets starts struggling against it now..
Missed my point. It had nothing to do with the performance or the obvious struggles in many areas in the game. My point had to do with the prep during the week leading up to the game.

would be nice to see SU hang with an opponent despite being overmatched talent-wise.

If FCS Rhode Island can do it against FBS Syracuse, there's no reason that SU shouldn't be able to do the same against U$C. I just don't want to tune in and see SU completely un-competitive (?) like the Pitt game last year. I can live with the kids traveling cross country and losing to a very talented team, but when they're unable to do anything at all on offense it drives me nuts.

Well, I fully expected to struggle in short yardage all season. You can't be a good short yardage team with a 260 lb rookie center and a smallish RB (Bailey). Its just not going to be a our forte this year. In fact, I'd rather go shotgun 5 wide on short yardage and either QB draw or throw the ball.

our hidden weapon aam is coming off the bench to rush for 196 yards and 3 tds

I'm hoping we see a healthy dose of AAM. He's a weapon if we need more beef on the line.

I love this post, but we did win the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom