My only serious regret tonight... | Syracusefan.com

My only serious regret tonight...

suttree

2nd String
...was losing to the least Spike-looking Spike that I've ever seen in my life. Kid looked like a baller version of that troubled-but-misunderstood emo-haircut kid from The OC (who happens to be the son of a lawyer colleague here in Austin):

BM.jpg
Spike.jpg

Apart from that abysmal memory...

Christmas continued to show flashes of serious post play, and continued to get after it even though he ran into foul trouble again. Love his scowl and acts of leadership with this team.

CMac came awake late and kept us in the game. Front court play is going to be pivotal for us this campaign.

Silent G made a difference, including some key drives and a crunch-time finish that easily could have been a three-point play.

Saint Joyce made her 2,633rd consecutive appearance behind the bench, finally breaking Cal Ripken's Iron Man record when most agreed that this would never be done.

Yes, we got the yips in the second half and committed way too many turnovers, but we're hitting threes again (expectations were low, so 4 of 9 from Cooney felt like GMAC in the first half against Kansas, and anything from Kaleb was gravy).

Despite the yips, we were in it right until the end. Our young team did some growing on the road and did not back down. This will probably be an up-and-down season, with plenty of frustration, but it will almost certainly help highlight just how spoiled we've been over the past five years. Plenty of reason to tune in and enjoy the games.

GO ORANGE

The yips. That's a funny term! Wonder where it came from?

Although we have seen Trevor go in and out of the "zone," he cannot begin a positive trend until the first time. Last night was the first time. If in his head, he feels this is the beginning of a trend, then it will be.

I remember a really funny birthday card that went, "Today is the first day .... (open it up) ... of the rest of the trouble." We don't want to think like that, do we?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom