My Philadelphia 76'ers are now... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Philadelphia 76'ers are now...

Interesting read...ya, Hinkie had no clue what he was doing.

If the Lakers somehow fall out of the top 3 with the lottery balls it was an absolute steal for Hinkie.

I hope MCW recovers fully and has an excellent career but right now it's looking like a win for the 76ers

Not exactly. He knew how to describe a vision . It was just a risky vision and hasn't panned out, and became a joke.

If the Lakers somehow fall out of the top 3 with the lottery balls it was an absolute steal for Hinkie.

I hope MCW recovers fully and has an excellent career but right now it's looking like a win for the 76ers

Well, Hinkie quit... traded Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Thad Young, MCW...and they are in their 3rd year of under 20 wins, this year a stellar 10 wins.

My point all along is they kept flipping prospects for picks. They were banking on getting an FA they have absolute 0 chance to get. Sure MCW didn't turn out and the possible top 5 or whatever pick should be good, but he's long gone and the fans have had to sit through an absolute grim existence for 3 years.

But HEY they got a bunch of young guys and 10 wins. Yippee.

Well, Hinkie quit... traded Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, Thad Young, MCW...and they are in their 3rd year of under 20 wins, this year a stellar 10 wins.

My point all along is they kept flipping prospects for picks. They were banking on getting an FA they have absolute 0 chance to get. Sure MCW didn't turn out and the possible top 5 or whatever pick should be good, but he's long gone and the fans have had to sit through an absolute grim existence for 3 years.

I get it, he's gone but there is still fruit on the tree long term. They're in a better spot than the Lakers right now and probably the Knicks.

They have 3 maybe 4 picks this draft, you have Embiid waiting in the wings, Noel and Okafor. Don't forget Saric. Figure what you want to build around, trade a couple of those guys for some proven talent and you have a front court and probably the starts of a solid back court along with 4 picks this year which one could be Ben Simmons or Ingram or maybe trade a couple of the picks of somebody who can help now.

They have the pieces to do something with, he had a 5 year plan, it's year 3 and no matter how many losses they've racked up the future cannot be this bad with as many pieces that they have at their disposal.

They were a mess before he got there, Colangelo saw what he could work with and jumped at the chance to come in and look like a hero because he knew he could, he wouldn't have touched that team in 2012.

All of the guys you mentioned really aren't players who are going to bring you to the promise land, you have a better chance of striking gold with the picks they have.

I get it, he's gone but there is still fruit on the tree long term. They're in a better spot than the Lakers right now and probably the Knicks.

I get what you are saying, you get what I am saying, I think. I believed all along Hinkie's PROCESS sounds great on paper but not in reality where people are expected to buy tickets and watch games. You have to show SOME improvement. Anything.

I agree they have a some good building blocks...but we have NO IDEA if Embiid or Saric are any better or worse than a Thad Young or a
We have NO IDEA if the #4 pick this year will be better than MCW (even seeing how poorly he's play in MIL). They could easily be back to flipping Noel for picks in 2 years using this strategy.

Also Lakers are still in a better place to get an major FA than Philly along w/ Russel and Randle...so to me, they are still in a better spot even with the dumpster fire there are the Buss kids. LA is LA, Lakers are the Lakers.

Its not really over with though.
How far away do you think they are from being competitive? They need some luck in the draft. They're talking a big game about being a big player in free agency... right when everybody is going to have cap room. I'm sure they can sign Waiters for max money. Maybe Embiid or Saric become something, but they're question marks right now.

How far away do you think they are from being competitive? They need some luck in the draft. They're talking a big game about being a big player in free agency... right when everybody is going to have cap room. I'm sure they can sign Waiters for max money. Maybe Embiid or Saric become something, but they're question marks right now.

If they get lucky, 2-3 years but I think they can be REALLY good in 4-5 years.

The goal of all of this wasn't to be a constant 6-8 seed in the playoffs it was to build a solid core that can compete at the highest level in the NBA. I don't know if Hinke was right, I don't know if he was wrong but if you're actually working towards a plan what is the difference between winning 10 games and 40 games?

The Knicks didn't have Melo most of last season and this year gained him and a possible rookie of the year and they're still under 500, that's with a Hall of Famer in the line up.

The 76ers need a legit point guard and I think that there alone can boost them up a ton, with their current resources and the amount of point guards out there they'll be able to get a solid one.

Sometimes you need to burn it down before you build it up completely, repairing something over and over that isn't working hasn't gotten the job done. I'm not a Sixers fan by any means but I really do think there future will be bright soon.

If they get lucky, 2-3 years but I think they can be REALLY good in 4-5 years.

The goal of all of this wasn't to be a constant 6-8 seed in the playoffs it was to build a solid core that can compete at the highest level in the NBA. I don't know if Hinke was right, I don't know if he was wrong but if you're actually working towards a plan what is the difference between winning 10 games and 40 games?

The Knicks didn't have Melo most of last season and this year gained him and a possible rookie of the year and they're still under 500, that's with a Hall of Famer in the line up.

The 76ers need a legit point guard and I think that there alone can boost them up a ton, with their current resources and the amount of point guards out there they'll be able to get a solid one.

Sometimes you need to burn it down before you build it up completely, repairing something over and over that isn't working hasn't gotten the job done. I'm not a Sixers fan by any means but I really do think there future will be bright soon.

the thing is, you cant have teams built completely of these high draft picks. they need to be fortified with some veteran types that can teach the youngsters on and off the court.

also, how often does a franchise type talent become available in the draft? they have had a ton of high picks but they never had the chance to draft a kobe, lebron, durant, generational type talent. Maybe this year they can get simmons...

basically, you dont have to tank as bad as they have tanked to rebuild. they've taken it too far to the point where the have lost a generation of fans.

No top tier FA is going to Philly for a while. They have some serious damage to repair from dehumanizing players for years, treating them like objects.

He figured out how to completely suck AND get praised as a genius for it. It was like the ultimate George Costanza scheme.

the thing is, you cant have teams built completely of these high draft picks. they need to be fortified with some veteran types that can teach the youngsters on and off the court.

also, how often does a franchise type talent become available in the draft? they have had a ton of high picks but they never had the chance to draft a kobe, lebron, durant, generational type talent. Maybe this year they can get simmons...

basically, you dont have to tank as bad as they have tanked to rebuild. they've taken it too far to the point where the have lost a generation of fans.
And in addition to all of that, you can tank tank tank in the NBA and still not get a top-5 pick thanks to the lottery. Plus, that generational talent is going to go No. 1 unless there are two in the draft (like in 2003 when Bron Bron and Melo went 1 and 3 - hello Darko!). What they end up tanking for is a bunch of average and below players who can be had on any waiver wire a couple of years after they're drafted.

He figured out how to completely suck AND get praised as a genius for it. It was like the ultimate George Costanza scheme.
I feel like "It's not a lie if you believe it" applies to the process.

Ennis could easily get 10-15 minutes a game for the bucks next year.
I think they are leaning towards Ennis and packing up MCW. Magically they discovered Giannis is Magic Johnson with hops.

I think they are leaning towards Ennis and packing up MCW. Magically they discovered Giannis is Magic Johnson with hops.

I think so too. I made the post you quoted last year and envisioned a MCW tandem but the Freak is exactly that.

This is something Hinke seemed to be blind to. I think it will be his legacy.
They're still closer to success now than they would be if they did what they did for the previous 20 years. I'd rather try a plan and fail versus the decades of failing with no plan.

And believe me, the assets they have are attractive. After this year's pick, saric and maybe embiid that's a real nice core. They don't need KD or similar to come via free agency. They need a Steve Blake/George Hill type for now to just run the team in a mature way. That should get them to the next level.

No top tier FA is going to Philly for a while. They have some serious damage to repair from dehumanizing players for years, treating them like objects.

That stuff doesn't help (look at KP, he didn't even want to work out for them) but their biggest problem is they suck. No good FA is going to go to a terrible team.

They're still closer to success now than they would be if they did what they did for the previous 20 years. I'd rather try a plan and fail versus the decades of failing with no plan.

And believe me, the assets they have are attractive. After this year's pick, saric and maybe embiid that's a real nice core. They don't need KD or similar to come via free agency. They need a Steve Blake/George Hill type for now to just run the team in a mature way. That should get them to the next level.

If the next level is "not a complete joke". They're going to win 10 or 11 games this year. They are still a long way away. They could add a ton of talent; between 2 possible picks, Saric, and Embiid. But that's also a guarantee of nothing.

That stuff doesn't help (look at KP, he didn't even want to work out for them) but their biggest problem is they suck. No good FA is going to go to a terrible team.

If the next level is "not a complete joke". They're going to win 10 or 11 games this year. They are still a long way away. They could add a ton of talent; between 2 possible picks, Saric, and Embiid. But that's also a guarantee of nothing.
Obviously correct re: guarantee of nothing but those iguodola/Thad Young years were guaranteed to keep us low-middle tier. The last couple years are the first time the org has even been interesting in forever. It's ironic, but the most anxious, grumpy fan base in the country who loves to hate itself is actually way more pro than con on this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom