My question for tomorrow night's Scott Shafer Show | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My question for tomorrow night's Scott Shafer Show

Alsacs said:
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sp...injured-seminoles-out-syracuse-game/74799510/ This article showed that Maguire got first team reps in practice. Somebody in the football operation had to read and know Maguire was a candidate to play and be prepared for that. Obviously Fisher knew Golson wasn't playing and didn't want to make that know to Syracuse but giving first team reps to Maguire and saying what he said about Golson was smart coaching. Our staff should not have been taken completely off guard and should have watched Maguire on tape.

That article days Golson would start but Maquire might get snaps. There's also an article, which I'm not going to search for, with us saying we did watch the video from the one game last year and that there wasn't much else to look at besides that one game. The official injury report also did not include golson. This is all much ado about nothing. They thought golson was playing. He's a tough QB to game plan against. They spent their time doing that and not worrying that his backup might get some snaps. Hindsight is great but they are two very different QBs with different strengths.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom