My Question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My Question for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(They announced Thursday that they were doing the show on Monday this week because Thursday was Valentine's Day. I kid you not.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Carrabba's Italian Grill in Fayetteville. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Submit a Question! - Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: TuneIn | Free Internet Radio | NFL, Sports, Podcasts, Music & News

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

I’ll start with a tribute to continuation of the streak of winning seasons, taken from my “Upside” post:

“Coach, congratulations on the team’s 17th win of the season. With that, we have clinched our 49th consecutive winning season, the longest streak in the country. The record is 54 by UCLA from 1948-2002. The record is very significant because it unites generals of players, coaches and fans who contributed to it and because it is something that puts us in the elite class of basketball programs. It’s not the ultimate goal of the season. But it is the first obtainable one and without it, any other goals are impossible. “

First Hour:

“Coach, when we started 9-4 people wondered how well we would do in the ACC schedule. So far we’ve done well, going 8-3. But the schedule is back-loaded with most of the games against highly ranked teams at the end and we knew that this team needed to dramatically improve to meet that challenge. How much has this team improved since the ACC schedule began? Are we now the team we need to be?”

Second Hour:

“Coach, I divide the half court in three areas, which I have named after science fiction shows that were on when I was growing up. The paint is “The Inner Sanctum”. The three point line is “The Outer Limits”. The area in between is “The Twilight Zone”. We’ve outscored the opposition by 54 points in the Inner Sanctum, by 88 points in the Twilight Zone and been out-scored by 39 points from the Outer Limits, so we are a Twilight Zone kinda team.

One player who doesn’t shoot from the Twilight Zone much is Oshae Brissett. He either shoots from the Outer Limits, as he was earlier in the season or drives into the Inner Sanctum. I’ve noticed that when he gets the ball in the Twlight Zone, the other team retreats toward the basket knowing he won’t shoot it from there and Oshae gets tangled up in the defense when he drives into the Inner Sanctum, forcing him to put up an awkward shot. I’ll bet Oshae could fill it from 15 feet from the basket if he focused on that shot and that it would force the defense to come out and guard him there, thus opening up lanes for his drives. Would you like to see him try that?”

Great questions! However, though I'm probably not be qualified to give you advice, one thought: Some of your observations appear to be expressed as absolutes. I'm worried that JB will get sidetracked by that. E.g. OB gets tangled up on the collapsing defense. He's been finishing well lately so I think JB will contradict you rather than answering the general point. Also, I think he took two "Twilight Zone" shots last game so once again, JB may counter with that.

He’s going to tell you that you will find out at the end of the season regarding question 1.

sounds like little gerry and griff standing in

latest

Hard to believe Carrabba's needs the space for the Valentine's Day crowd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom