My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

JB says our guards are slow. marek is small. we can't play man. can't ever switch during a game.
it's a personnel issue. our guys can't play man to man. we can't win man to man.

Show is Back - Matt starts giving a score run down of a few ongoing games

Tried Alsacs again and there was again an issue, but they finally figured it out.
Alsacs asked a question about personnel and why we don't every switch to man when the zone is beign destroyed especially at the forward position.

JB says that this team is actually a good team for the zone and then gives a weird answer about if we could imagine Marek trying to cover a large and quick forward (as if he can cover these ACC centers).

JB says that this team actually does practice man to man but that "we can't play it".

Alsacs presses him on why we still can't switch it up when were getting lit up. JB says we change up the zone, says the players knew where to be versus Duke but just didn't do it in the first half but did in the 2nd. Says again were a zone team and then says that Tom Izzo is a great coach is a strictly man team.

Alsacs tries to say something and JB cuts him off and yells "Let me answer" Says you dont want to get beat playing your worst defense. Says were gonna play our best defense. Says what if we changed our d at halftime to man versus ND and we gave up 8 points quickly. Can''t change to something we can't do. If we were decent in man to man like 20 years ago we could switch. Our man to man everyday in practice, we can't stop the 5 non scholarship players in practice with it (paraphrasing).

"Just not gonna happen"

Show is Back - Matt starts giving a score run down of a few ongoing games

Tried Alsacs again and there was again an issue, but they finally figured it out.
Alsacs asked a question about personnel and why we don't every switch to man when the zone is beign destroyed especially at the forward position.

JB says that this team is actually a godo team for teh zone and then gives a weird answer about if we could imagine Marek trying to cover a large and quick forward (as if he can cover these ACC centers).

JB says that this team actually does practice man to man but that "we can't play it".

Alsacs presses him on why we still can't switch it up when were getting lit up. JB says we change up the zone, says the players no where to be versus Duke but just didn't do it in the first half but did in the 2nd. Says again were a zone team and then says that Tom Izzo is a great coach is a strictly man team.

Alsacs tries to say something and JB cuts him off and yells "Let me answer" Says you dont want ot get beat playing your worst defense. Says were gonna play our best defense. Says what if we changed our d at halftime to man versus ND and we gave up 8 points quickly. Can''t change to something we can't do. If we were decent in man to man like 20 years ago we could switch. Our man to man everyday in practice, we can't stop the 5 non scholarship players in practice with it (paraphrasing).

"Just not gonna happen"

If our main players can’t stop walkons in practice playing man to man, that seems real bad

JB still explaining man vs zone debate and still talking to Alsacs like he is on the line.

"Epitome of bad strategy" in reference to playing man when it doesn't work.
I was going to say Calipari has played some zone this year, Bill Self has played some zone and they like m2m.

I think the producer muted me.

I was going to say Calipari has played some zone this year, Bill Self has played some zone and they like m2m.

I think the producer muted me.

Pretty sure they either muted you or ended the call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom