My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

My Questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the HC played KR, BB, JG minutes like he did BT, SJ, DW.
I doubt KR complains.
The minutes KR played last year aren’t telling the whole story. He played 35+ in the 3 games Buddy wasn’t available.

He wasn’t getting 25MPG when Buddy was available.

Also if JB was fair he wouldn’t have waited 8 minutes each game to bring Kadary in.

Maybe JB just want shooters in to start the game. Seems that KR was in the games at crunch time.

The bigger issue for me is so far the grass hasn't been greener for their output (counting QG) in their new homes. The evaluations done here might have been right.

Ties into that longer Athletic article on the transfer portal...

I didn’t tell you how and why it was so easy to do it. Being a man of a tall stature, I googled his career, saw he played in the D league one it’s first year, saw an opposing team he would’ve played. I walk up, I go “hey Corey, former RiverDragon here, he laughs and goes “man, nobody knows who they are” ask for a pic and we laughed a little bit. He was actually super nice.
He was the guest speaker at a basketball camp I attended while he was with or just left the Spurs.

I remember he made an example of my teammate and clowned him by making him do wall sits during his speech, lol

He's averaging four more minutes a game this season and that's increasing.

Last six games in conference (avg 30.5 mpg):
27, 25, 21, 38, 33, 39

And he may not be lighting up the box score, but his defense and ball handling is sorely missed this season.

Someone's injured there though giving him more time? They're also 2-4 with that increased time. Minus the UConn explosion (good for him) 7.8 ppg and 5 apg.

Bigger question may be why are we whiffing so bad on our PG recruiting...

Here's the thing on KR. Dude isn't getting any more time at Seton Hall and his numbers generally aren't jumping off the page. He's what he is, not what we wanted him to be.
I can absolutely agree with this.

I can also say while it maybe true, he’s better than Joe at PG, a better fit for the current roster, and if you swapped spots we’d be better this year.

I can also say while it maybe true, he’s better than Joe at PG, a better fit for the current roster, and if you swapped spots we’d be better this year.

Oh yeah, If Cole and JB3 are out there another slow-ish shooter clearly isn't what is needed.

It’s irrelevant.

He (and Woody) had made up their minds that they were leaving, and JB don’t beg, so they left.

Now, JB’s favoring Joe over Kadary, when it was obvious to everybody on the planet (other than him) that we were vastly better on D, AND ON O, with a true PG vs an unathletic SG running the show, is why he made that decision.

/ Cue up that clip of Joe dribbling in circles against Duke,
vs Kadary splitting the double and driving for a layup.

Bigger question may be why are we whiffing so bad on our PG recruiting...
Concur. That's an issue and not just PGs. I'm not as concerned with guys leaving as much as them not showing much of anything. Goodine, Carey, Braswell, Newton, etc. None of these guys are getting it done elsewhere. I think a lot of the PG failures are related to JAB's infatuation with an MCW-height lead guard, but then as a counterpoint, I'm not sure what to make of his infatuation with JG3 at the point.

It’s irrelevant.

He (and Woody) had made up their minds that they were leaving, and JB don’t beg, so they left.

Now, JB’s favoring Joe over Kadary, when it was obvious to everybody on the planet (other than him) that we were vastly better on D, AND ON O, with a true PG vs an unathletic SG running the show, is why he made that decision.

/ Cue up that clip of Joe dribbling in circles against Duke,
vs Kadary splitting the double and driving for a layup.

Not for nothing he's listed as 20 lbs more this season than last.

Fine with that. Kadary wouldn’t put the work in and was no where near the level of player (Dion and Flynn) where that may be justifiable. He’d be our best player this year but im fine with his leaving.
If you were better than the person directly in front you and your boss said TB is lazy so even though he is better we are keeping things as is. You would be okay?
Maybe JB just want shooters in to start the game. Seems that KR was in the games at crunch time.

The bigger issue for me is so far the grass hasn't been greener for their output (counting QG) in their new homes. The evaluations done here might have been right.

Ties into that longer Athletic article on the transfer portal...
I respect you give your opinion and not spin defending the status quo.
That I respect about your posts.

With that said Kadary wasn’t closing either.
He had his rotations pretty much every game when Buddy was available during conference season last year.
Joe would play the first 8 minutes. Kadary would come in. He would play from under 12 to under 4 then BB/JG would finish.

That was the rotation. KR would get basically 16-19 MPG when had BB available after he missed 3 games.

If JB were fair about the situation he gives Kadary a chance to start when he clearly was better than Joe but JB would double down and say Joe is better because of steals or when Kadary was bad like against BC at home last year literally bring it up postgame to shut fans up.

Boeheim screwed this up.

Not for nothing he's listed as 20 lbs more this season than last.
He’s definitely out of shape.

I also think he, Braswell, and Guerrier all would have had better seasons with Syracuse than they are with their current teams. While I think JB has mismanaged the roster, he’s shown that he gets more out of his guys than other coaches.

Last edited:

I also think he, Braswell, and Guerrier all would have had better seasons with Syracuse than they are their current teams. While I think JB had mismanaged the roster, he’s shown that he gets more out of his guys than other coaches.
I think that’s obvious and would hope everyone here could agree to that.

also...Bras and Q doing what they are doing isn’t stunning to me. This is what they are. Honestly, the most shocking is Woody literally can’t play a minute for Oklahoma state. I really thought he had some interesting skills, but obviously he can’t put it together. Wouldn’t be stunned if he transferred again to a smaller mid major type

All five freshmen will play? So - a 10 player rotation?!?

Almost less than 0% chances of that happening except possibly a couple early season blowouts. Maybe like a Colgate game or something. Oh, wait!!!

If you were better than the person directly in front you and your boss said TB is lazy so even though he is better we are keeping things as is. You would be okay?

He had his rotations pretty much every game when Buddy was available during conference season last year.
Joe would play the first 8 minutes. Kadary would come in. He would play from under 12 to under 4 then BB/JG would finish.

That was the rotation. KR would get basically 16-19 MPG when had BB available after he missed 3 games.

If JB were fair about the situation he gives Kadary a chance to start when he clearly was better than Joe but JB would double down and say Joe is better because of steals or when Kadary was bad like against BC at home last year literally bring it up postgame to shut fans up.

Boeheim screwed this up.

He turned over WV to win the game. Joe closing makes sense if / when we need foul shooting.

If he left for basically the balance of game between TV time outs to basically do the same exact thing somewhere else, welp...

I also think he, Braswell, and Guerrier all would have had better seasons with Syracuse than they are with their current teams. While I think JB has mismanaged the roster, he’s shown that he gets more out of his guys than other coaches.

This. It's why he's such a great damn game coach for so long.

He turned over WV to win the game. Joe closing makes sense if / when we need foul shooting.

If he left for basically the balance of game between TV time outs to basically do the same exact thing somewhere else, welp...

You can't absolve Boeheim here. The job now requires you to recruit your roster along with recruiting new players. He's essentially telling us that Girard and Richmond could not co-exist and it's on him for not finding a solution to that problem. You can second-guess Richmond's decision but it was Boeheim who had the inside track here to keep him and either couldn't close the deal or didn't want to close the deal for non-basketball reasons. The guy is getting paid $3.4 million/year. He's not the victim.

Fine with that. Kadary wouldn’t put the work in and was no where near the level of player (Dion and Flynn) where that may be justifiable. He’d be our best player this year but im fine with his leaving.

Two got awful takes in two sentences.

You can't absolve Boeheim here. The job now requires you to recruit your roster along with recruiting new players. He's essentially telling us that Girard and Richmond could not co-exist and it's on him for not finding a solution to that problem. You can second-guess Richmond's decision but it was Boeheim who had the inside track here to keep him and either couldn't close the deal or didn't want to close the deal for non-basketball reasons. The guy is getting paid $3.4 million/year. He's not the victim.

JB isn't a victim and I don't think anyone said he was.

Seems that JB told them the truth more than their new coaches did.

But yeah, globally his way with kids doesn't seem to work like it did, esp when they have such an easy escape route.

Exactly right and in those 5 games there are some numbers that are awful

7.8 pts per game
12-53 shooting yuck
4.4 turnovers per game yuck!

I read the SH basketball forum and many unhappy fans. Nor argument he would be better for this team but it didn't work out.

Cuse!
Yeah, I don’t care if he’s been 0-250. 1000% makes this team better. It’s literally not debatable. *this discussion is irrelevant and I don’t truly care but that’s where I stand*

Boeheim screwed this up.

If I didn’t put in the work, I wouldn’t expect to be rewarded with the promotion. I just have a hard time sympathizing with that.

Two got awful takes in two sentences.
I watch Seton Hall weekly. I feel fine about my takes.

He’s certainly talented but Syracuse needs an alpha, out play/out work the other team star right now to change their trajectory.

I watch Seton Hall weekly. I feel fine about my takes.

He’s certainly talented but Syracuse needs an alpha, out play/out work the other team star right now to change their trajectory.

I do, as well. I'm familiar with the personnel, and how he's being utilized. I still think it is a terrible take, on the basis that Kadary is a terrific system fit for US -- not Seton Hall -- on both sides of the ball. He made a mistake transferring there.

Too much rationalization about Kadary's departure not mattering on this forum. He would have made a big difference this year.

I do, as well. I'm familiar with the personnel, and how he's being utilized. I still think it is a terrible take, on the basis that Kadary is a terrific system fit for US -- not Seton Hall -- on both sides of the ball. He made a mistake transferring there.

Too much rationalization about Kadary's departure not mattering on this forum. He would have made a big difference this year.

Yes he would have made a big difference for us. No one debating that. However it is also true that he’s been disappointing at his new home and some of the issues referred to last year seem to be occurring again. Good player and would have been good for Cuse.

Jimmy should have tried more to keep him but it goes both ways.

Cuse

If what helped the team mattered, the decision to transfer wouldn’t have been made. His draft ceiling was higher here.

Clearly the departure mattered. Our team got worse with him leaving. I just don’t think he’s the difference in us finishing near the bubble or not. We probably finish above .500 with him I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom