My rationale | Syracusefan.com

My rationale

DomeStranger

All Conference
It was a good game to lay an egg on. The odds were more against our favor than the betting lines suggested. It seems Notre Dame is almost entitled to a dream season once or twice a decade and we were in the way of football Jesus.

Those questionable calls the refs made against a team already getting throttled proved that entitlement. Don't get me wrong, they won and were without doubt the better team, but the refs really seemed to make sure a miracle wasn't in the works. I feel bad for Clemson, as I'm sure they are going to have an uphill battle in the CFP with them.

There was a time where I wanted ND to become a full member in the ACC, but not anymore. Screw them, I don't care if we ever play them again.

ND is never joining the ACC in football anyway. We were throttled by a better team top 3 team (maybe better). It happens. ND has a legitimate shot at the title this year. Need a short memory on this one. Beat BC and win a bowl game. Total successful season,

We were over matched in every way ... roll up your sleeves and beat BC plain and simple
I know you are Devito’s Dad but I am going to disagree with you here.

If Johnson holds onto that throw, it is 13-7 and we are back in the game and can stick to the game plan.

The Harris play absolutely killed us. Instead of a first down, we give them a 9 yard drive for a TD and it is 20-0 and the game starts to get away.

Once they get up by that much, we become one dimensional and then, I agree with you, that their d line overwhelmed our oline and the game became a mismatch.

I still don’t think we win. They are the superior team but those two plays, especially the Harris play, completely changed the course of the game.

I thought the D played well enough to deserve better.

If Johnson holds onto that throw, it is 13-7 and we are back in the game and can stick to the game plan.

The Harris play absolutely killed us. Instead of a first down, we give them a 9 yard drive for a TD and it is 20-0 and the game starts to get away.

Once they get up by that much, we become one dimensional and then, I agree with you, that their d line overwhelmed our oline and the game became a mismatch.

I still don’t think we win. They are the superior team but those two plays, especially the Harris play, completely changed the course of the game.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
We got our asses handed to us by a much better team. There is no shame in that. We are young, we are growing, we will continue to improve. Let's not forget that just a few months back we were all praying for 6 win.

I agree, both those plays could’ve changed the trajectory of game but ultimately the moment was too big for us.

We went from doormats to 12 in a matter of weeks and suddenly faced a ND team prob coming off good week at practice bc they took us seriously.

They clearly have more talent than we do. We’re not ready to compete with the top 10 but this a great experience so the Bowl game doesn’t seem as big when we get there

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.
We got our asses handed to us by a much better team. There is no shame in that. We are young, we are growing, we will continue to improve. Let's not forget that just a few months back we were all praying for 6 win.

Post of the day

I recall a number of false start penalties against ND that might have helped our defense on most days. Maybe kept ND to a field goal a couple times Saturday. I don’t disagree some other penalties seemed like poor calls.

From the first drives of the game it was apparent we were going to struggle. Hurts the pride to lose that way. Hope our boys heal up and are ready to end the season on a high note.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom