my strategy with cmac's injury | Syracusefan.com

my strategy with cmac's injury

I'm conflicted about who to tee up now - I like Carrot Top, Pauly Shore, AND Adam Sandler. I'll just like everyone and then re-evaluate my life and sense of humor. Carry on.

Ugh. Adam Sandler is 20 million a movie for a reason.
Because the lowest common denominator exists for a reason, and buys tickets to awful movies. But I guess we can ignore his Rotten Tomatoes scores.

By the way, Sandler's next four movies are direct to Netflix.

i say we call him day to day for the next 2 months until after selection sunday so it doesnt effect our seed :eek:

in all honestly, jimmy b deserves some credit for that move. it was belichek-esque.

Because the lowest common denominator exists for a reason, and buys tickets to awful movies. But I guess we can ignore his Rotten Tomatoes scores.

By the way, Sandler's next four movies are direct to Netflix.

I agree his latest stuff has been crap. Ugh Jack & Jill, Don't Mess with the Zohan
But Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, the Water Boy.

He made that kind of comedy into an art. Pauly Shore and Carrot top made it into a fart.

That is all.

I agree his latest stuff has been crap. Ugh Jack & Jill, Don't Mess with the Zohan
But Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, the Water Boy.

He made that kind of comedy into an art. Pauly Shore and Carrot top made it into a fart.
You're the one who keeps bringing up Carrot Top and Pauly Shore.

And honestly, even Sandler's "classic" stuff is garbage as you start to realize how insanely juvenile it is. It's like Family Guy - being childish and throwing in non-sequiturs and fart jokes doesn't automatically make something funny.

And yes, I admit, my wife calls me a comedy snob, so this is par for the course for me.

Ugh. Adam Sandler is 20 million a movie for a reason.
The reason is simple:

From HL Mencken (paraphrased a bit):
  • Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.

The one thing I will give Sandler credit for is this: that dude takes care of his friends. Alan Covert probably has a really nice house SOLELY because he's friends with Sandler.

EDIT: Hell, the fact that I actually know Alan Covert's name is thanks entirely to Sandler.

The one thing I will give Sandler credit for is this: that dude takes care of his friends. Alan Covert probably has a really nice house SOLELY because he's friends with Sandler.

Got even his own movie Grandma's Boy.

You're the one who keeps bringing up Carrot Top and Pauly Shore.

And honestly, even Sandler's "classic" stuff is garbage as you start to realize how insanely juvenile it is. It's like Family Guy - being childish and throwing in non-sequiturs and fart jokes doesn't automatically make something funny.

And yes, I admit, my wife calls me a comedy snob, so this is par for the course for me.

how dare you insult happy gilmore. a comedy snob sounds ultimately douchey, no offense.

how dare you insult happy gilmore. a comedy snob sounds ultimately douchey, no offense.
She calls me a comedy snob mainly because I think Big Bang Theory is terrible, and she enjoys it. I like more cerebral humor, by and large, though I do admit that farts can be funny and I laugh every time I can get my 3 year old to say "balls" in an inappropriate context.

... being childish and throwing in non-sequiturs and fart jokes doesn't automatically make something funny.

It's not often I disagree with you...

But then again, I'm easily amused. :)

She calls me a comedy snob mainly because I think Big Bang Theory is terrible, and she enjoys it. I like more cerebral humor, by and large, though I do admit that farts can be funny and I laugh every time I can get my 3 year old to say "balls" in an inappropriate context.

That's because it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom