My Take on Dungey this weekend | Syracusefan.com

My Take on Dungey this weekend

mlbball99

2nd String
I watched the clip of Dungey getting hit again, and it definitely wasn't a concussion. The hit is right into his shoulder, nothing in the head area.

Having said that, I have a strong theory Dungey is playing this weekend. Babers has reitereated all week in interviews that "NC State is listeneing and he will not comment on Dungey's status, or who of Wilson and Mahoney are playing"

This is Babers mind game to have NC State plan for anything and everything.

When its all said and done, Dungey will be out there. Things got quiet after Amba and Zaire said he practiced. I'd imagine they heard it from the coaches to not say anything else after that.

Lets go get this win vs. NC State. Hopefully some trickery again...

I think it's exactly what he says it is - He's recovering, looks okay - but they are waiting for clearance from the medical staff.

It's encouraging that he's practicing, but not encouraging that the staff hasn't cleared him (as of last night).

Based on last years hits and now this one i think he has a cervical spine issue .. I watched him try to move or try to move his head and neck and then he had ice on his neck at Clemson .. whiplash

IF Dungey did in fact practice on Tuesday, he did not do so without medical clearance. Even if that clearance was for limited/no contact, you do not clear a player to practice at any level of participation in the middle of a concussion protocol.

This leads me to believe that Dungey either did not practice Tuesday, or Dungey does not have a concussion.

IF Dungey did in fact practice on Tuesday, he did not do so without medical clearance. Even if that clearance was for limited/no contact, you do not clear a player to practice at any level of participation in the middle of a concussion protocol.

This leads me to believe that Dungey either did not practice Tuesday, or Dungey does not have a concussion.
LOGIC!!! Good post.

Reactions: 007
My Take with a capital M and T has been trademarked. I think he married an attorney too, so good luck.

As for the Dungey issue, I have no good opinion to offer other than to say this. The medical staff and Babers should discuss everything with Eric and his parents and they all make a decision from there. End o' story.

I'm no MD (*Gasps*) but I have to believe and hope that if he had even a very very minor concussion then he wouldn't even go near a practice field all week.

My Take with a capital M and T has been trademarked. I think he married an attorney too, so good luck.

As for the Dungey issue, I have no good opinion to offer other than to say this. The medical staff and Babers should discuss everything with Eric and his parents and they all make a decision from there. End o' story.
Well...I'm an attorney as well. So try me. Seriously, try me

I think it's exactly what he says it is - He's recovering, looks okay - but they are waiting for clearance from the medical staff.

It's encouraging that he's practicing, but not encouraging that the staff hasn't cleared him (as of last night).
Who said they had or hadn't either way?

All they did was put out an injury report that said he was questionable. Which means exactly nothing, either way.

Gamesmanship.

Way too much logic, this post gave me a concussion...now I am going through protocol.

I have a feeling we're not going to see any players available to the media for a long time.
You would think that it wouldn't be revealed to Brian Higgins of all people. You think in house that it would be coached not to ask questions like he did.

Who said they had or hadn't either way?

All they did was put out an injury report that said he was questionable. Which means exactly nothing, either way.

Gamesmanship.

Curent players said he practiced, Babers said they are waiting for clearance from the medical staff. The injury report backs up those two things since he's listed as "questionable"...