My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

one thing with the offense was really bugging me is that dungey was only throwing to the left side of the formation pretty much all game. IS this a scheme thing or just one of those games?

My game thoughts: The Louisville QB is an exceptional athlete, but his strength is in running the ball. When your receiver doesn't have anyone within ten yards, most anyone with a good arm should be able to get him the ball. Those undefended long passes turned what could have been a respectable game into a blowout.

one thing with the offense was really bugging me is that dungey was only throwing to the left side of the formation pretty much all game. IS this a scheme thing or just one of those games?

I don't think Dungey has a full grasp of the offense and has a tough time going to a secondary read/option. That is quite apparent with the number of times he has been whacked when having enough time to at least make a throw.

I don't think Dungey has a full grasp of the offense and has a tough time going to a secondary read/option. That is quite apparent with the number of times he has been whacked when having enough time to at least make a throw.

AET has been so good, Dungey wants to get the ball to him if possible. He's to remember he's got Ismael and Estime on the other side.

Louisville as a good team. Hopefully the ACC will bring us there someday soon. It will be interesting to see who ends up winning the ACC this year. The conference will definitely help us in the future.

Defensively we played like we had concrete cleats on. If it wasn't for some nice takeaways, we never would have been in position to be in the game. Thought the series coming out at halftime determined the game. We didn't score and it was further uphill from there.

Louisville DB's did get away with a lot. They took lessons from Pitino. Take what the refs give you.

If anything this game gave Babers an opportunity to see where his club stood personnel wise. Next week is an important game. Let's see what the team is made of.
The ACC will do no more for us than the Big East did for Rutgirls, or the Big Whatever will do for Rutgirls or the ACC will do for Wake or BC. Large conferences become stratified. They do not become good from top to bottom. The entire onus is on us. We only have two ways out: 1) win enough to generate excitement, and 2) have spot on talent evaluation to get the diamonds in the ruff because we are not in any shape to attract polished stones.

OrangePA said:
Our WRs could not get off the LOS. Whether it was legal or not, the Louisville DBs really bottled up our receivers. Most of the time Dungey had nowhere to throw.

Yep. And Dungey doesn't have a lot of time anyway. If those WRs can't release we end up stuck as a bubble screen team.

The silver lining is that our bubble screens are much better designed and executed than the McFreezeup days.

we are small and weak on both lines. to play at this level you need big strong linees and fast lb's and fast secondary. i watched the pitt psu game and pitts ol and dl line were outstanding as was psu. they are d1 lines!!! we are at d2. football is all about the trenches first. we look gimmicky and disorganized on both offense and defense.
its the defense that has worried me prior to the season, as you can sometimes get away with a gimmicky offense but never on defense. we have gotten away from the basics in favor of what is vogue---not a good move. recruiting at this time needs to be ol,dl and fast hitting lbs and secondary. we can spin this any way we want but without a solid FOUNDATION we go nowhere----as we did in the first two games --YES I INCLUDE COLGATE --- where the pass coverage sucked as well as the oline.

I got to the Fine Lot around 6:30 or so to find that it was already closed off. With such a low turnout, does anyone know why it was at capacity 90 minutes before game time?

If they use captions for the questions, can't they use questions on the answers?

The marching band looks like Mario and Luigi when they take off their coats in the stands.

Is the only running play we run up the middle?

The second and third quarters were exciting.

I was really surprised at how small the crowd was (only 800 people more than Colgate). 29-30K should be a realistic guess for this week.

Hudson also got run returning kick offs. Think he had one. I'm encouraged that we gave several players chances during the game.
It was Riley. They both wear #20 and the TV announcers kept saying it was Hudson, but to the eye, there is a big difference between the two physically.

It was Riley. They both wear #20 and the TV announcers kept saying it was Hudson, but to the eye, there is a big difference between the two physically.

yeah the two #20's confused me. I think Riley is going to get killed back there but i was glad they tried someone different.

yeah the two #20's confused me. I think Riley is going to get killed back there but i was glad they tried someone different.
Agreed. I thought his head actually came off on one of the hits. He's a little guy - listed at 5'8" 151lbs, but I think that's generous. Reminds me of Max Maisel, but a half-step slower.

SUFaninNJ said:
I got to the Fine Lot around 6:30 or so to find that it was already closed off. With such a low turnout, does anyone know why it was at capacity 90 minutes before game time?

Besides the law students, the Fine Lot is now where many of the ushers and other workers park.

That's unfortunate.
Yes I''m not feeling the oversell at all. SU is supposed to be celebrating the fan experience, with TG'ing at the top of the list. The jugglers/cheerleaders manifest some appreciation ... but it doesn't do the Fine Mess much good if TG's can't get in the lot. I think this issue needs to be run up the chain ... big problems ahead when attendance rises.

Yes I''m not feeling the oversell at all. SU is supposed to be celebrating the fan experience, with TG'ing at the top of the list. The jugglers/cheerleaders manifest some appreciation ... but it doesn't do the Fine Mess much good if TG's can't get in the lot. I think this issue needs to be run up the chain ... big problems ahead when attendance rises.

Agreed. It's not like I showed up 10 minutes before kickoff either. 90 minutes should be plenty of time to get into the lot.

If they use captions for the questions, can't they use questions on the answers?

The marching band looks like Mario and Luigi when they take off their coats in the stands.

Is the only running play we run up the middle?

The second and third quarters were exciting.

I was really surprised at how small the crowd was (only 800 people more than Colgate). 29-30K should be a realistic guess for this week.
So, you have a Fine Lot parking pass and they wouldn't let you in?

I guess the good news is that there is plenty of time to get this resolved?:noidea::(

So, you have a Fine Lot parking pass and they wouldn't let you in?

Yes, I do. No they wouldn't. So off to Standart I went. I think technically it might say "West", meaning it's good for either. I've always parked in Fine, though.

SUFaninNJ said:
Yes, I do. No they wouldn't. So off to Standart I went. I think technically it might say "West", meaning it's good for either. I've always parked in Fine, though.

The old fine and the old standart are now combined as the west lot. They did that 2-3 years ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom