My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

I'm guessing he didnt dissect too many hours of game tape in preparation for this team. After stammering and managing to get out that they should play a bit less selfishly, it's possible he realized this was beyond the scope of his superpowers and in complete disbelief over the current situation suggested they seek help from about the only thing that could help them, a higher power/mediation...before slipping away to wherever he goes for quiet and breaking however long of alcohol self-prohibition with a stiff drink.
HA HA HA HA! Glad to see you back, Captain! We are in for a roller coaster season and can use all the drollery we can get!

500 team at best
Aw! That was my thought. How does this team win 16 games? Could the OOC schedule have 5 losses (or more?) IMHO, a kid with pro potential and is thought to be going in next years draft should be dominating these early games. Tyus is not. If he doesn't in the first 4 games, where he should easily be the best player on the court, then it will be a long, long season.

Howard in that first half didn't even look like a D1 player. Hard to see us having success if he is going to play PG and be the primary ball handler all year.

Howard in that first half didn't even look like a D1 player. Hard to see us having success if he is going to play PG and be the primary ball handler all year.

Gotta remember that this is second full basketball game since having surgery. Practice is one thing. Running up and down the court in an actual game is another. Many on this team are getting their feet wet.

We were so much better in the 2nd half because the press got the tempo up, CCSU shot poorly, so we had a lot of transition opportunities. We can score in transition. But when we are put into a half court game it's ugly. Frank can run a transition offense but doesn't seem to have a clue running a half court set and we have nobody who can score on the low block. When we get into a half court game only Battle and Brissett score. There are going to be some ugly games this year, and likely some bad loses. Brace yourself.

We were so much better in the 2nd half because the press got the tempo up, CCSU shot poorly, so we had a lot of transition opportunities. We can score in transition. But when we are put into a half court game it's ugly. Frank can run a transition offense but doesn't seem to have a clue running a half court set and we have nobody who can score on the low block. When we get into a half court game only Battle and Brissett score. There are going to be some ugly games this year, and likely some bad loses. Brace yourself.
We can certainly run in transition. Scoring in transition is another issue.

Cali?

I dont know the guy, but from what Ive heard of him(plus you thinking I was him!), he sounds like I guy I'd like to buy a stiff drink and talk Cuse/life with!

HA HA HA HA! Glad to see you back, Captain! We are in for a roller coaster season and can use all the drollery we can get!

Thanks, I appreciate your antics, and your sometimes open mind! I still refer to your crowd energy article on here, other boards, and in real life. I'd like to fins it again if I ever get motivated enough. Mundane reality bores me, I like knowing what nobody else can know, going where no one else can go, to quote the song "runaway train" from the 90s. It's nice to have an occasional ally against this idiotic "consensus reality" matrix we seem to be be stuck in. I hope to be a catalyst that brings more out of you, but for now the mundane sports are good with me. If the mind is truly like a muscle, muscles grow after work, but during rest. Food for thought. So yeah, back to my antics I guess.

****! Are you saying what I think?!? If so, why did that fellow say that...i ,mean people used to say similar at times, but it seems insensitive now. Wow, when? RIP Cali...sheez, both of my role models(he was a lesser, but still) are gone now... I wish I could say RIP to both. For me, the board isnt the same with both of them gone. The artistic speeh and positive spin on some things,, Still can believe that felllow asked me for both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom