My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

people keen acting like K only plays in the second half.

Lazy narrative that they're too stubborn to change, but JB is the hardheaded one. Can only imagine the posts flooding in had we lost after coming all the way back. Some had their fingers ready to get on JB for stopping the press. But, we won, so store those for later, and push aside all good JB did today. Kadary saved him of course.

Last edited:
All of you Marek was the difference. Please check his 2nd half stats. He plays within the system and makes the entire team better. All of these comments for a freshman (who does not start) is the answer is silly. Come on, we have Pearl, Coleman & Carmello as comparison of 2nd coming. Lets get real. Kadari is the real deal, but he is no Pearl. If he was he would be starting.

Multiple games. MULTIPLE GAMES! We’ve seen where we were losing and its turned around the second Kadary has come in. Thee very second. No narrative. Facts.

Prove me wrong.

My only issue is you guys making it Kadary vs. JB, when it's clearly Kadary, and JB. You know, that whole team thing. Act like he's not the one who put him in, and only did so begrudgingly. JB knows how good Kadary is. Unreal.

All of you Marek was the difference. Please check his 2nd half stats. He plays within the system and makes the entire team better. All of these comments for a freshman (who does not start) is the answer is silly. Come on, we have Pearl, Coleman & Carmello as comparison of 2nd coming. Lets get real. Kadari is the real deal, but he is no Pearl. If he was he would be starting.
They both were key.

Buddy and Marek carried the offensive load. But the defense in the second half was keyed by Kadary, and also Braswell.

He also benefits from Kadary. Geez its so obvious.

Come on bees. You know basketball. Kid was the difference. He opened up the floor for Buddy. Took away the 3 from his side. Forced the D to cover ball and added length and quicks on the press. Kid was huge

he was one of the differences. But as to buddy, i didn’t see him get hot because of K. K’s 1 assist was to Q. Buddy got a couple of his 3’s on his own and marek assisted on 2-3 and I remember Q kicking it out to him for 1. K played great and obviously along with buddy, marek, Q and Bobby was one of the reasons for the comeback.

This will be an unpopular thought but while I am thrilled Buddy came alive and the team turned things around, I feel like Buddy being the hero isn't going to help chemistry if the inconsistency and some players falling off a cliff for minutes is chemistry related. I would be thrilled to be 1000 pct wrong with that comment too.

i don’t see chemistry issues on this team in general. I saw a bunch of guys on the bench who weren’t playing going nuts during the comeback.

i don’t see chemistry issues on this team in general. I saw a bunch of guys on the bench who weren’t playing going nuts during the comeback.

Good.

he was one of the differences. But as to buddy, i didn’t see him get hot because of K. K’s 1 assist was to Q. Buddy got a couple of his 3’s on his own and marek assisted on 2-3 and I remember Q kicking it out to him for 1. K played great and obviously along with buddy, marek, Q and Bobby was one of the reasons for the comeback.
While that is true, I think in general our ball movement was a lot better in the second half and Kadary was a factor in that. Making the extra pass gets contagious.

This is also not the first time where once the pace of the game got more up and down and crazy, that Kadary’s play got much better. He did the same thing in the Buffalo game, and I feel like a few others that I cant specifically remember.

Maybe we should press a bit as soon as we bring him in? He seems to feed off the tempo.

Etan disagrees with you:

people keep acting like K only plays in the second half.
"JGIII only ended up playing 21 minutes and probably deserves more PT."

This is a super take.

No, I was just saying Joe didn’t play all that bad in the first half.

And the next line of the post, i mentioned that defense was going to be the key to us back in the game and we had to play Kadary to get that done.

Nice butcher job.

I was one of Kadary’s earliest and strongest supporters on the board, going back to last year when he was playing in prep school. Well before some of you figured out he was a special player.

I have consistently advocated for more playing time for him.

Kadary is a fine player who does things no one else on the team can do. But he isn’t perfect and it is okay to talk about when he plays well and when he struggles. He played well in the second half and was a solid role player. We surely would not have won without him. But he struggled in the first half. Like the rest of the team. Watch the games. Keep an open mind. Free yourself of your prejudices and try to be objective.

While that is true, I think in general our ball movement was a lot better in the second half and Kadary was a factor in that. Making the extra pass gets contagious.

This is also not the first time where once the pace of the game got more up and down and crazy, that Kadary’s play got much better. He did the same thing in the Buffalo game, and I feel like a few others that I cant specifically remember.

Maybe we should press a bit as soon as we bring him in? He seems to feed off the tempo.
I don’t need to say anything negative about Joe to speak about how good and important Kadary is/was.

Joe should get minutes. However the best point guard we have on the roster is Kadary Richmond and it’s not even close.

He gets way more scrutiny from people who want Joe to play more which only makes Kadary more popular with people who want to push back.

Could be a function of finally playing our best guard on defense. Who happens to be a freshman.
Think it’s much more than that since someone wearing no. 3 played 11 minutes in the first half when we gave up 46 points, but that’s just me.

And the next line of the post, i mentioned that defense was going to be the key to us back in the game and we had to play Kadary to get that done.

Nice butcher job.

I was one of Kadary’s earliest and strongest supporters on the board, going back to last year when he was playing in prep school. Well before some of you figured out he was a special player.

Kadary is a fine player who does things no one else on the team can do. But he isn’t perfect and it is okay to talk about when he plays well and when he struggles. He played well in the second half and was a solid role player. We surely would not have won without him. But he struggled in the first half. Like the rest of the team. Watch the games. Keep an open mind. Free yourself of your prejudices and try to be objective.

Wish I could love this.

Nice butcher job.

Joe’s defense was bad in the first half. He made some shots but again we struggled badly to start this game.
Buddy’s early offense was the reason this game didn’t get completely out of control.

Kadary wasn’t great in the first half but again he has to come in when we are behind and aren’t in control.
Kadary gets way more scrutiny from your OP than Joe.
Kadary is the better PG and the team to be as good as we can needs Kadary running the point. He closed today and his defense in the second half was special.

Joe’s defense was bad in the first half. He made some shots but again we struggled badly to start this game.
Buddy’s early offense was the reason this game didn’t get completely out of control.

Kadary wasn’t great in the first half but again he has to come in when we are behind and aren’t in control.
Kadary gets way more scrutiny from your OP than Joe.
Kadary is the better PG and the team to be as good as we can needs Kadary running the point. He closed today and his defense in the second half was special.
It feels like we’re always down by 10 at the 10 minute mark of the first half. Would love to see a different 5 to start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom