My Take | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Bottom line is that Clemson remains bigger, stronger and faster than we are. We have to play really well to be competitive and we did not do that today. It was good to see our depth improve and when we had to go to second team players, there wasn’t much impact on the quality of play. So there was some progress on that front.

The bad news is that UNC is better offensively than Clemson. By quite a bit. The good news is that their defense is vastly worse. We should be able to move the ball and score some points on the Tar Heels. If we can find a way to stop them some, we just might have a chance,
I am actually more bullish on team coming out of this game than I was going in.

They are definitely still the superior team but I think the gap is narrowing.

If we play 10 times, I think we win 3. It used to be if we play 10 times, I think we win 1 and only if we play our A+ game and they play their F game.

Hopefully, we don't shoot ourselves in the head next week, like we did this week, because I think we can play with UNC.

Although launching isn’t required to declare targeting it is pretty clear to most people the tackler did leave his feet. See second picture.

If there was no contact to Shrader’s helmet or face mask, please explain his his helmet came loose as seen in the third picture.
Agree. Otherwise how did Garrett’s head twist to the right and then his helmet thrusted up over his chin? It almost knocked his helmet off his head. His chin strap is over his nose. The defender had to be not just wrapping him up but thrusting upwards too. Guess people see what they want to see. It’s over and just hoping Garrett is okay. By the way great pictures by Dennis Nett.

Agree. Otherwise hiw did Garrett’s head twist to the right and then his helmet thrusted up over his chin? It almost knocked his helmet off his head. His chin strap is over his nose. The defender had to be not just wrapping him up but thrusting upwards too. Guess people see what they want to see. It’s over and just hoping Garrett is okay. By the way great pictures by Dennis Nett.
Yes, it's called Confirmation Bias.

"Confirmation Bias is a cognitive bias that causes people to search for, favor, interpret, and recall information in a way that confirms their preexisting beliefs."

I know that Beck is passing first guy but I think he should get the ball to Allen significantly more. In traffic, Allen makes cuts and consistently picks up additional chunks of yardage. A little more ball control could help bring the secondary in and open things up for receivers. When Allen plants his foot and makes a cut, it's a thing of beauty.

I am actually more bullish on team coming out of this game than I was going in.

They are definitely still the superior team but I think the gap is narrowing.

If we play 10 times, I think we win 3. It used to be if we play 10 times, I think we win 1 and only if we play our A+ game and they play their F game.

Hopefully, we don't shoot ourselves in the head next week, like we did this week, because I think we can play with UNC.
I get your point here but we won in 2017, got about as close as you can get in 2018, battled damn hard in 2021 and in 2022 absolutely had a win in hand but couldn't hang on.

It may turn out to be 1 in 10 years but man, we've had chances.

IMO, we are getting closer. We are not a top 15 team at this time. We do make mistakes and penalties at key times in some games and just like any team that does that, it hurts us. I like this team and I see 9-3 or 8-4 as very possible. SU is no longer a pushover/doormat. That is a vast improvement, now we need to tighten things up and add a little more depth to get to the next level. I think we are better than average, and on the cusp of being very good.
In the last few years if we got behind 14 pts in the first quarter the game was a blowout. This team played the entire game, and if we caught one or 2 of the interceptions a different game.

Clemson was intent on getting to GS and it worked very well.
Ive yet to see a game this year where GS was harassed as much.
It totally messed up his timing and confidence and it showed.
It was a good plan.

It was a good plan.
That's why when we get to FSU you go with a 2 back lineup with Perry to block and occasionally give him the ball.
With his guickness and size he will hurt some people.
That might make them hesitate for a second or two, to give Garrett more time.

It was a good plan.

That's why Dabo went bananas when he saw the flag. There's no way he could tell real time that was clean, but he needed to at least work the on field officials, do whatever he could to get it overturned.

In the last few years if we got behind 14 pts in the first quarter the game was a blowout. This team played the entire game, and if we caught one or 2 of the interceptions a different game.
Agree, and will add to this that the tactical error of going for the 57 yard field goal (low percentage play) instead of punting and relying on your solid defense (better percentage play) sealed the deal - yet the team kept on fighting. Great respect for all these young men.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom