My Take | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

I categorically disagree. In business, you need to spend money to make money. This is a business for the school. And the school made $40ish MILLION in 2022 alone from its affiliation with the ACC. And I’m pretty sure right now the overall athletics program is in a net profit position.

If you want more fan involvement and fan dollars, put a better product on the field.
Well, I agree with you but there are two schools of thought on that. Spend to earn and earn to spend. Usually those without capital are forced to do the latter. With all the ACC money, one would think we have the resources to do the former. Just need the will. Maybe I'm wrong.

A wise old friend was fond of saying that things are either getting better or getting worse and if you think they are staying the same, they're getting worse.
Feels like that's us.

Last edited:
You think all those new fancy basketball players showed up because of the wings at Varsity?
I know I know, certainly and no doubt, but when a connection from inside explains the NIL $ # discrepancy from us vs. FSU Etc. It would’ve helped to have him plain and simple as we obviously need all the help we can get. But whatever bro…..

I know I know, certainly and no doubt, but when a connection from inside explains the NIL $ # discrepancy from us vs. FSU Etc. It would’ve helped to have him plain and simple as we obviously need all the help we can get. But whatever bro…..

Right - and he can cut a check to the collectives. Heck he could make your group flush and that cause is noble. Comes up with excuses. Would rather pay famous people to fiddle on their phones courtside.

If we can't afford the buyout, then let him coach his final year as a lame duck, take the recruiting hit, and go find a cheap coach that doesn't require much of a buyout (because there's no demand for him). Stop boxing ourselves in.

If the new no-name coach has early success, you just let him test the market. No big extensions.

We all just admit we're poor, and try to make the best of it.

Thing is we don’t know what the discrepancy is between us and other schools, I’m sure it’s alot with Clemson, FSU and the like, but how about BC, WF, Pitt, and Ga Tech. ( Football NIL ) We can only speculate.

Right - and he can cut a check to the collectives. Heck he could make your group flush and that cause is noble. Comes up with excuses. Would rather pay famous people to fiddle on their phones courtside.

Once again, it’s no coincidence that his name is not draped all over buildings at Syracuse University.

Before NIL became a thing he was a “supporter” of Syracuse Athletics. At that time, the only thing he could donate to, to help was facilities. If he was supporting the team in glorious ways, why isn’t there a massive athletics building with his name on it.

Instead, he spent money on bringing in celebs to RAISE his own brand. He spent money on redoing his suite so that he had a more comfortable place for him and his guests to attend Syracuse games.

All of his moves and antics were a mirage. It was billed as a way to support Syracuse. But I’m reality, it got ESPN talking and got him clicks, and likes and follows on Instagram. He now makes over a million a year just off of Instagram because he used Syracuse as a platform. Adam didn’t become a celebrity until he started being the celebs to the games.

Smart businessman. Not a big donor to Cuse

That doesn’t make sense. They iced him out, why would he after the fact post banning?

Last edited:
Thing is we don’t know what the discrepancy is between us and other schools, I’m sure it’s alot with Clemson, FSU and the like, but how about BC, WF, Pitt, and Ga Tech. ( Football NIL ) We can only speculate.
Fsu 11mil, us 3 mil

Is this the first year the ACC is modifying payouts based on performance?

The school really going to sit here and lose millions because the program is underachieving in a year where everything seemingly should have broken our way with how our strength of schedule is playing out.

Yea that doesn’t surprise me unfortunately, what about the WF and BC.
Think we’re in their range too, but don’t know with certainty. That’s our ceiling, mid range ACC, as I’ve said elsewhere

Boy, ain't this true! "You gotta throw some screens, some reverses, some passes to WRs where they throw it. Some counter runs. Plays where the defense gets penalized for being too aggressive."

Also, odd as it may sound, is SU is over-prepared, or more accurately over-thinking the game? The team seemed tentative and slow in the UNC game. I think FSU makes all their opponents look slow. But if SU is giving so much info to the D causing them to think rather than just play naturally and fly to the ball, it slows them down. Same with the O, especially the line. Maybe too much detail about clever schemes resulting in too much thinking and too little firing out and mauling of defenders.

I think a previous coach (Mac?) actually discussed this issue when talking about one of his teams and how the coaches had to actually back off a bit with scheming to get better results.

Is this the first year the ACC is modifying payouts based on performance?

The school really going to sit here and lose millions because the program is underachieving in a year where everything seemingly should have broken our way with how our strength of schedule is playing out.
I was just thinking about this. If our revenue is barely covering the expenditures now, wait until we get less from the ACC because of our poor performance in FB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom