My Take | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

If it wasn't at that moment of the game, it wouldn't have been a big deal it all. And it wasn't a stupid reach against a player who was no threat to score, as some have characterized his play. I saw it as him getting there just a second late on the guy's blind side, or else he probably would have forced a turnover.

Umm, the whole point is the time and situation. I'm with you on this being a pretty good, head's up play if it takes place at the 7 minute mark or something. But the guy was 30 feet from the basket, not a threat to score and there was like 40 seconds left. That's what makes it a bad play.

Umm, the whole point is the time and situation. I'm with you on this being a pretty good, head's up play if it takes place at the 7 minute mark or something. But the guy was 30 feet from the basket, not a threat to score and there was like 40 seconds left. That's what makes it a bad play.

It was a great play until he reached in. He had the trap in place and would have likely forced at timeout or really bad pass.

He reached in because he's aggressive and wanted to get that ball away. I really have no problem with it because I'd guess half the time he gets that ball poked out.

And it was compounded by the foul imbalance. It wasn't just 30 feet away; it gave Providence the chance to put freebie points on the board during a close game since they were in the bonus.

It was a great play until he reached in. He had the trap in place and would have likely forced at timeout or really bad pass.

He reached in because he's aggressive and wanted to get that ball away. I really have no problem with it because I'd guess half the time he gets that ball poked out.

half the time he gets the ball poked out and how often is it a foul? Listen, I love the play at another point in the game, but there playing defense without reaching in is paramount. It doesn't make him a bad kid or a bad player by any means, but it was a very bad play.

I wonder if people could name 5 shooting guards they'd rather have this year than BT when you consider his overall impact, including senior leadership, defensive abilities, rebounding, assists, and offensive output. I am very happy having him. I think he and MCW work pretty darn well together. I'd be willing to bet we have the best rebounding guards in the country. Maybe the best assist and steal tandem too who knows. And between the two of them we probably average 30 a night which isn't shabby either. We have a much bigger problem getting scoring out of our bigs. Very encouraged to see Roc stepping up.

I predict there will be many posters very unhappy with our backcourt next season. It will be a while before we see guard play like this again, so I intend to enjoy it.

Really liked the way we hit the offensive glass tonight. This team is, I think, capable of being an excellent offensive rebounding team and I hope to see more of this in future games, especially against smaller teams )(like the Friars).

Any road game in conference play is a good win and this one was no exception. So long Providence Civic Center/Dunkin Donuts Arena/whatever is it called. It was always fun to watch games being played there and I regret never going to watch a game there in person.
[/quote]
Find ways to win. Rebounding, foul shooting and coaching was the difference. Next up, Villanova.

No he didn't play well (tho u conveniently left out the 5 assts and 4 rebs) but he didn't disappear and he most certainly wasn't a head case out there as some posters have said.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

5 assts. vs. 4 TOs is an awful ratio for a guard. 4 rebs - meh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom