My Take | Syracusefan.com

My Take

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Great weekend for Syracuse. Kansas and UVA lose and SU scores a nice win on the road against a good team. TC got off the snide and best of all, JG was able to play extended minutes at a relatively high level. Hope we don't to pay for that during the ACC tourney though.

The star of the game was CJ, who was borderline brilliant in the second half. He again did everything you want your go to senior to do, including getting a bushel of big baskets, rebounding well (in the 2nd half), and even defending well (he had a couple of great steals too).

CJ has done a good job shortening and simplifying his one on one moves, making it hard to effectively double him. But FSU's biggest problem defending Fair was repeatedly letting him get the ball too close to the basket, where he is most effective.

TE did a good job running the break, made a lot of good decisions and made more good passes to set up easy baskets in half court sets than usual. Good to see TC hit some 3s again. He and TE have to be sore after fighting through so many screens by the State big guys. They routinely set double screens up top with their bigs, but the SU guards did a nice job fighting through so open shots were limited, and this strategy kept the FSU big guys away from the baskets and the boards, negating one of SU's biggest weaknesses (defensive rebounding). Questionable strategy by Leonard Hamilton...

Though JG looked rusty and a little less explosive than normal but surprisingly effective. RC continues to get into foul trouble, he seems to have regressed from earlier in the season but he had a couple of huge blocks in the second half and some nice flushes when he got the ball down low. BMK is struggling some now, tough for a guy whose asset is mobility when that mobility is somewhat limited. But the team as able to hold the lead once RC left with 4 fouls with about 13 minutes to go. And he continues to rebound well. So good job Baye.

Silent G is slowly getting better attacking the rim, still needs to improve here if he wants to play a lot next season.

FSU has some of the best athletes in the league but they play poor defense and do not rebound well. Was really impressed with Okaro? and the big white kid could be really good if someone can lock him in a weight room.

Things look a lot better than they did on Friday. Hope to see many of you in Greensboro.

War Damn Otto!

Don't forget that Wisconsin still plays tonight. We could use them to lose as well. Today's game was very fun to watch.

good recap and good win. but roberson went from start to DNP and gbinije's star seemed to also dim a bit.

Don't forget that Wisconsin still plays tonight. We could use them to lose as well. Today's game was very fun to watch.

With all of the recent losses, things could still get interesting again with a loss by Wisky, Nova, Arizona. More than that though I'm just feeling glad for the win to get us back on track.

good recap and good win. but roberson went from start to DNP and gbinije's star seemed to also dim a bit.
once we could tell that jeremi was OK, would have been a good time to give Roberson some run. I know people are obcessed with seeding, but this game would not have mattered much. We have never?advanced to sweet sixteen after winning big east tourney, I never cared if we did, season are measured by the dance, where you have to be good and lucky. Play the kid, let him make a mistake, just in case

There was no "snide" to get off. A "schneid," perhaps, but no "snide."

Silent G is slowly getting better attacking the rim, still needs to improve here if he wants to play a lot next season.!

Silent G didnt do himself any favors today.

highlighted by the ennis missed runner and and 1 dunk over Baye which was 100% gbinjie's fault. He got the quick yank. If it wasn't Grants 1st game back, we may not have seen silent G the rest of the game.

And we may as well not have, because he didnt do anything to help us win today.

I think Rak has been playing very well other than making some poor fouls. He had 10 rebounds and 4 blocks last game and did everything well today. Don't think he has regressed at all - he's still getting better.

Fair and Grant were studs in the front court and Ennis gave us points from the guard position. However, Trevor Cooney was still sub-par this game. He had 2 big 3 point shots, but 3 for 13, 2 for 8 from 3pt range is NOT GOOD. We need consistency from the 2 guard position.

Don't understand Roberson. I truly understand that this game could have gone either way and a few mistakes could have tipped the scales to Fla. State, but so what. If Jerami takes a hard foul and his back acts up again we're going to wish we had gotten Roberson minutes....especially with Gbinije looking like milktoast. Better to have two options than only one.

there's two business models. short range and long range. often they clash. but what's best for the program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom