My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Tomcat reported: "Edit: just found out their QB is out for the season. That is going to leave a mark..based on what I saw from the backup QB, they will be lucky if they can even beat BC. Sorry to hear that...he played a heck of a game for them."

Yet this report that came off the wire moments ago from The Winston-Salem Journal said:

Quarterback Tanner Price of Wake Forest, who was injured in the second half of Thursday's season-opener against Syracuse, has a sprained left knee, trainer Don Steelman said Friday.
Steelmen said that Price would be evaluated by a team physician later Friday, at which time doctors would make a decision on whether Price needs an MRI.
WSJ

Hopefully this means a week or two at most. The kid is as cool a cuccumber.

This seems to go against the sentiment of many-I don't think he was that great. He was better than the backup, but if you got any pressure against him, his throws were usually way off. I'll give you this-When we gave him enough time to eat a sandwich, he threw fairly well.

Ms8og.St.156.jpg

Re: "Unfortunately, the vast majority of the students were gone halfway through the 3rd quarter, and missed what might well be the most dramatic comeback victory that will be played on The Hill during their time as students at SU."

When reading this earlier I did not agree but had no proof to back me up. I intentionally kept checking out the student section and I had a very good angle and thought that a great deal of the tuition payers stayed to the bitter end. Now, there is video evidence, as provided by the very astute and dignified poster we all know as the Black Knight. Check out his write-up and video.

9958820-standard.jpg

Great job Dan and thanks for being the voice for SU students.

Can you imagine the Dome when we start to fill it up? Man it's going to be crazy. Just keep winning boys and you will get what you're wishing for. Only you can make it happen.

A couple of additional observations:

I'm thinking Mark Price played at G-Tech...
I really thought both WF lines wore down in the second half. Didn't seem to rotate many players in on either side of the ball and the D-Line particularly was very slow getting up and back to the line after plays. In contrast, we played at least 8 on the D-Line and as the tide turned we looked fresh and aggressive.

A shame about Price. (No relation to former WF PG Mark Price, is he?) Kid showed good poise and leadership and was a key to their early play. Big drop off to QB2. This will really hurt prospects for the rest of 2011.

Lemon and Chew looked very solid, but none of the other WRs showed much of anything despite the hype coming out of camp. Hope 15 and 82 get some help so they don't wear down like last year.

David Stevens is an absolute terror blocking downfield. Very impressive.

Thought I saw Krautman mouthing the words to "Don't Stop Believing" as he kicked off after our first score with the music still blaring. No wonder he booted it out of bounds. ;)

Sorry I missed the tailgate. Thought about stopping by to celebrate afterwards, but as it is we didn't get home until almost 2 a.m. I'll be there later in the year.

And for all of those who did leave early, I only hope that some day my life is so compelling that I need the 30 minutes I get for leaving a game early.

Re: "Unfortunately, the vast majority of the students were gone halfway through the 3rd quarter, and missed what might well be the most dramatic comeback victory that will be played on The Hill during their time as students at SU."

When reading this earlier I did not agree but had no proof to back me up. I intentionally kept checking out the student section and I had a very good angle and thought that a great deal of the tuition payers stayed to the bitter end. Now, there is video evidence, as provided by the very astute and dignified poster we all know as the Black Knight. Check out his write-up and video.

Great job Dan and thanks for being the voice for SU students.

Can you imagine the Dome when we start to fill it up? Man it's going to be crazy. Just keep winning boys and you will get what you're wishing for. Only you can make it happen.[/quote]

In the Carrier Dome I was in, the 2 student sections in the end zone were almost empty early in the 4th quarter. The other two student sections, the ones students normally sit in, were at best half full. It was great turnout by the students and the ones that stayed were great, as everyone was who stayed. But the student sections were mostly empty for the comeback.

Up high in section 302, we monitored the student exodus with great interest. Hopefully the students will learn from their mistake.

i went from sitting in a sea of hundreds to 3 girls by game end

we need a power back BADLY, i wonder why moore did not play?bailey does not have the power to run inside thus making us offensively predictable
I completely disagree. Bailey is a powerful runner. Don't let him being short fool you. Didn't you see him pound into a pile and move it multiple times? I think we're fine there. It's more of an issue with the line opening up holes.

This power back stuff is overblown

carter was absolutely not guaranteed 2 or 3 yards everytime. no one is.

bailey is the least of our worries.

when carter gets stuffed, people assumed it was the line. when bailey gets stuffed, people assume it's bailey. the bad 3/4 of the game on offense came down to the line. hopefully it gets sorted out. bailey is fine.

I'm a huge Bailey fan, but I do have one worry with him. Fumbles. Even in our bad time I feel like we've been spoiled with RBs who don't fumble. I predicted he'd have at least one last night. Luckily they only were able to get 3 out of it. And I also think that created their drive that knocked the QB out. So hopefully that's the worst situation we see from a fumble this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom